The Student Room Group

How many true friends do you have?

That will always be there for you?
Students were asked to rate the friendship of other students.
93% thought their ratings would be returned.
only 53% were.
So half of the people you like don't actually like you.

Scroll to see replies

I'd rather have fake friends than no friends.
Original post by Mayhem™

Really? :eyebrow:
Reply 3
I've had enough fair weather friends to be able to gauge someone's sincerity in a friendship, I'd say I have three friends at uni who'd stay with me through thick times (and who have actually, when several others found it easier to just leave me, but it's understandable - why would they go through unhappy times with someone else when they can simply choose not to?).
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Really? :eyebrow:

Without a doubt, it's never happened in my life but the thought of being physically alone is terrifying.
Three or four. Only one of those has literally supported me through my roughest hours over the past two years. The friends I had during the times I really struggled, are no longer around for a range of reasons and so I do not consider them true friends.
Original post by Mayhem™

That's concerning but whatever, fair enough.
Original post by Mayhem™
Without a doubt, it's never happened in my life but the thought of being physically alone is terrifying.

I guess we're really different, then.

I'd rather have no friends if the only friends I've got insult me behind my back, and don't see me as a friend.
Original post by TheOtherSide.
I guess we're really different, then.

I'd rather have no friends if the only friends I've got insult me behind my back, and don't see me as a friend.

I didn't mean people like that, but I get the feeling a lot of my 'friends' only do things with me just to pass the time.

If someone says things behind my back they can go for it; I'd probably have better insults anyway.
Reply 9
Only one
I can't really have a strict definition for a 'friend'. I consider a lot of classmates friends which seems to be mutual. :s-smilie:
I fully trust all 4 of my besties, 2 of them I have known since I started primary school and the other 2 I've met since the start of high school, we're at the same college now. We argue lol but are like sister's so dont take anything personally
I'm pretty lucky tbh, not everyone gets true friends I've seen a close person mess her life up attempting to fit in a certain group of her so called 'friends', she did a lot of bad things because of peer pressure and then those same 'friends' snitched off her and she got kicked out of college now...:frown:
Original post by Mayhem™
I didn't mean people like that, but I get the feeling a lot of my 'friends' only do things with me just to pass the time.

If someone says things behind my back they can go for it; I'd probably have better insults anyway.

Better than them doing things with you because you were their last choice, perhaps?
Close friends, best friends, I'd say 2, and one of them is my husband.
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Close friends, best friends, I'd say 2, and one of them is my husband.

#Goals.
When I leave for uni, I will probably only be in touch with about 4 people
Original post by BWV1007
I've had enough fair weather friends to be able to gauge someone's sincerity in a friendship, I'd say I have three friends at uni who'd stay with me through thick times (and who have actually, when several others found it easier to just leave me, but it's understandable - why would they go through unhappy times with someone else when they can simply choose not to?).

What are signs a person is a fair weather friend?
Two. :lol:
it takes a lot for me to trust someone
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest