The Student Room Group

NCS Question

Hey, so like I'm doing this NCS thing (i dont want too but mom is like go go go go go) and so like am i allowed to skip the last 2 weeks because one. I'm going to Denmark on the 19th (Visiting GF) and 2nd community work isn't my thing so can I just skip it.

pls halp

thx
Original post by CardinalSys
Hey, so like I'm doing this NCS thing (i dont want too but mom is like go go go go go) and so like am i allowed to skip the last 2 weeks because one. I'm going to Denmark on the 19th (Visiting GF) and 2nd community work isn't my thing so can I just skip it.

pls halp

thx

naww you wont be able to
Reply 2
They let you miss a maximum of one day.

My friend wanted to miss two or three days and she had to drop out.

pls halp

thx

You can only miss one day otherwise you have to drop out I believe.
Reply 4
if you skip the last 2 weeks then you won't be able to graduate
Reply 5
It's fine, I'll drop out then. Been plannin visiting her since Jan. Never planned on going to this NCS thing
If i was you, i'd still go anyway.

With the community part of the programme, you could probably talk to the supervisors and see if you could miss some/most/all of the days (they'll ask you to make up for it by doing community in say a charity shop at a later date and providing evidence of this).
Reply 7
I could do that but my girlfriends been waiting for so long I can't just back out and be like ye hold up you gon have to wait because we'll have a total 1 week together then she got school. I wanna spend more time more so I miss her way too much to risk it for some community thing.
It's fine, I'll drop out then. Been plannin visiting her since Jan. Never planned on going to this NCS thing

You won't be able to graduate though!
Reply 9
Yea what happens if I dont?

pls halp

thx

maybe you can ask them to change your programme dates completely so you can still visit her?

Quick Reply

Latest