The Student Room Group

NCS

Is NCS actually good experience? Im not sure if to do it
Original post by koolkhad

I had an amazing time when I did it. Do you have any specific questions? :smile:
Reply 2
Do you think that if my friends wern't going it would be quite boring?
I see mixed reviews about it.
Also, do uni actually care abt it cuz one of my friends were like no.
What theme did you do.. and what was in it?

I know this may be a lot of questions .. but ye
Do you think that if my friends wern't going it would be quite boring?
I see mixed reviews about it.

I know this may be a lot of questions .. but ye

Do you think that if my friends wern't going it would be quite boring? I see mixed reviews about it.
In a nutshell, no, it will not be boring. Many people go by themselves (including me!) and had the time of their life. You will also develop so much personally.

Perhaps, not for university, no. It will come in handy for your CV though. For example, when I did NCS, our group raised over £200 for SportsAble, a charity aimed at making sports accessible for everyone. I've been to a few work interviews and all my interviewers have been quite interested in what I had to say about it. I was also the Team Leader which certainly gave me lots of scenarios to talk about when it came to proving certain soft skills.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember for the life of me.

According to the website:

'In 2023, NCS is offering three types of experiences to help young people grow their strengths: away from home, local community, and online.'

As far as I can tell, this is a new concept. My experience was a combination of the first two (away from home and local community) and the last one for me was something similar to Dragon's Den. The 'away from home' part was a lot of fun physical activities. The 'local community' was the SportsAble thing. The 'Dragon's Den' was pitching what we did at SportsAble and the future of it to a mock panel of investors. There was a chance to make it a reality, but it was mostly aimed at those who didn't want to go to university.

I admit that was a short overview, but I really recommend you try it out.
Reply 4
Original post by 5hyl33n
Do you think that if my friends wern't going it would be quite boring? I see mixed reviews about it.
In a nutshell, no, it will not be boring. Many people go by themselves (including me!) and had the time of their life. You will also develop so much personally.

Perhaps, not for university, no. It will come in handy for your CV though. For example, when I did NCS, our group raised over £200 for SportsAble, a charity aimed at making sports accessible for everyone. I've been to a few work interviews and all my interviewers have been quite interested in what I had to say about it. I was also the Team Leader which certainly gave me lots of scenarios to talk about when it came to proving certain soft skills.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember for the life of me.

According to the website:

'In 2023, NCS is offering three types of experiences to help young people grow their strengths: away from home, local community, and online.'

As far as I can tell, this is a new concept. My experience was a combination of the first two (away from home and local community) and the last one for me was something similar to Dragon's Den. The 'away from home' part was a lot of fun physical activities. The 'local community' was the SportsAble thing. The 'Dragon's Den' was pitching what we did at SportsAble and the future of it to a mock panel of investors. There was a chance to make it a reality, but it was mostly aimed at those who didn't want to go to university.

I admit that was a short overview, but I really recommend you try it out.

Ok thx cuz I'm a bit scared if I go by myself am not a rly sociable person
(edited 2 months ago)

From my school there were 2 different groups. One group went to a beach where they filmed Harry Potter and went to PGL and had a fantastic time. My group had rubbish tents in a middle of a random field and crawled over some rocks. I did not enjoy it all that much. So I think it depends on what you actually end up doing and who you go with
Ok thx cuz I'm a bit scared if I go by myself am not a rly sociable person

You could call or write an email to ask about what sorts of things you'll be doing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending