The Student Room Group

Edexcel History Unit 1-International Relations-6th June 2016 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Rob167
I'm using Q&A flash cards with dates and information on dates so I can learn the events as best as possible. Tbh the one that will be the hardest will be the British Depth Study.
I got a B in my Vietnam CA, one mark off an A :frown:

Can I ask what mark did you get for your C/A out of 50?
Anyone one know the question topics most likely to come up this year based on past papers?
I have a Quizlet account with a Cold War dates study set if that helps anyone: https://quizlet.com/IndiaThomas47 :smile:)Xx
Reply 43
I've made flash cards of all the main events and then on a separate sheet of paper I have made a table for each main event and then listed the causes, consequences and key features for them so I can answer the 5, 6, 13, 4 mark questions and have knowledge for the 10 mark question. I also have a pdf which is basically a 'how to' guide in answering the questions. On Monday I have 2 other exams which I need to spend some time revising on, so tomorrow (Sunday 5th) I'll probably answer the long questions for practise, timing myself of 1 minute 30 seconds per mark.

Spoiler

Original post by Vanilla Cupcake
The spec changed slightly from first teaching 2013, so only the 2015 are relevant to us :smile: it's annoying but we just have to deal with it unfortunately

Oh ok, thanks! So do you know if our paper will have the exact same format as the 2015? For example I noticed there was a 15 mark question which was split into three parts worth 5 marks each; will we have that as well do you think? Thanks so much for your help. I was quite confused!
Original post by grace143
Oh ok, thanks! So do you know if our paper will have the exact same format as the 2015? For example I noticed there was a 15 mark question which was split into three parts worth 5 marks each; will we have that as well do you think? Thanks so much for your help. I was quite confused!

Yeah it'll be that exact format; haven't you done the 15 markers before? It's pretty much 3 x 5 marks as each one is separate to the other, I think it asks for the significance of four events and you have to choose three of them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Yeah it'll be that exact format; haven't you done the 15 markers before? It's pretty much 3 x 5 marks as each one is separate to the other, I think it asks for the significance of four events and you have to choose three of them

Posted from TSR Mobile

The 3x5 mark questions will ask for the importance of an event in international relations. Make sure that you talk about importance and not just describe the event
Hey everyone,

I know the content inside and out for Unit 1 but I wanted to know if it was important to know the dates of the events. I aiming for an A*. Thanks a bunch.
Reply 48
Any predictions? I find the end of the cold war quite difficult :frown:
Original post by daisie
Any predictions? I find the end of the cold war quite difficult :frown:

Are you memorising the dates as well ? Do you need to memorise the dates to get an A * ? E.g. 1st of December Tehran. No. Sorry. I don't have any predictions.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔
Reply 50
Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
Are you memorising the dates as well ? Do you need to memorise the dates to get an A * ? E.g. 1st of December Tehran. No. Sorry. I don't have any predictions.

⚔🛡⚔~Nothing happens to anyone that he is not fitted by nature to bear - Maximus Decimus Meridius~⚔🛡⚔

For big events such as Bay of Pigs invasion, Afghanistan, Peace talks etc. it is useful to remember the dates, may give the examiner the impression you know what you're talking about and get into the top marking band
Reply 51
No, you don't . U need to basically know any facts and statistics that you can higher your grade and show that you just know how the event lead to an increase in tension.
So I know the year.
Original post by MattB_
For big events such as Bay of Pigs invasion, Afghanistan, Peace talks etc. it is useful to remember the dates, may give the examiner the impression you know what you're talking about and get into the top marking band

Ok. Thanks.

Reply 53
Original post by MattB_

Yea I agree with this. You need to know your way around and know that October let's say is when the CMC happened
Original post by Undec
No, you don't . U need to basically know any facts and statistics that you can higher your grade and show that you just know how the event lead to an increase in tension.
So I know the year.

I'm confused now. I know all of the years but only know a couple of the dates. Some people are saying to remember the dates and some are saying I shouldn't. What should I do ?

I put all stats on one page and make a timeline, using different colours in a pattern helps me. Physically writing them out and then answering questions or quizzing myself really embeds it in my brain. Hope it helps!
Reply 56
I know the content inside out and feel confindent in it. However I am so scared that I will mess up. Also I feel so much pressure for me to do well. Everyone expects me to get an a* .
I'm scared .
Original post by Undec
I know the content inside out and feel confindent in it. However I am so scared that I will mess up. Also I feel so much pressure for me to do well. Everyone expects me to get an a* .
I'm scared .

I'm in the same position but I'm just wondering if it's necessary for me to mention the exact dates to get an A*.

Original post by MR.ANONYMOUS 786
I'm in the same position but I'm just wondering if it's necessary for me to mention the exact dates to get an A*.

Just the year should be fine for most things but do try and put the month in where you know it as it helps to contextualise your knowledge (or something)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just the year should be fine for most things but do try and put the month in where you know it as it helps to contextualise your knowledge (or something)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok. I'm just going to memorise the dates just in case. I've got a whole day so that's more than enough time. Good luck guys and girls.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending