The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

half way through the exam and forgot what exam i was doing
Original post by Tropojanja
No joke, i did half a page of working out for a 6 mark question and i got zero for forgetting to divide by two. Honestly.

Anyone have their stories to tell about exam mistakes?

I forgot to read the question properly... *walks away*

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 282
Didn't write a letter when i should have in English Lit ;;-;;
In history (nazi germany) yesterday I wrote about the emergency decree instead of the enabling act:s-smilie: four marks down the drain:redface:
Original post by Glaci
Didn't write a letter when i should have in English Lit ;;-;;

Don't worry I know SO many people who did that
Original post by Arvin Bhambra
half way through the exam and forgot what exam i was doing

this made me laugh

on my exam i had to write the teachers name and i stopped briefly to remember who my teacher was :biggrin:
For my general studies AS, I was told to write an essay on fracking. i wrote 7 pages on cracking.
I know someone who threw up during an exam.
There was a question in the C2 or C3 today which said "what salt is produced from nitric acid and ammonium?"
I put ammoniumic acid. Yes. Ammoniumic acid.
I didn't even realise until the end.

Oh, and in my General Studies GCSE paper today, I was asked to discuss the idea that we are safer in the UK, and I went on an anecdotal story for 4 pages about some guy called Pete being sexually assaulted by someone, but because he's a male, he was treated differently.
I became so zoned out that I didn't even notice that they said to put pens down.
I feel sorry for the examiner; the invigilator took it off me, with my last word being "raped".

Posted from TSR Mobile
I remember my friend wrote 'nobel pizzas' instead of nobel gases
I wrote my first name in the surname box and then nothing was in capitals so the front of my paper looked a mess 😑

Posted from TSR Mobile
Je t'aime rather than J'aime, so many times lol
Reply 292
Spelt my name wrong:/ had to get a new paper in GCSE exam
Physics mock at GCSE in Year 11

The question was about the name of the process when water goes from ice to water.
Completely forgot the word melting, so just answered:
Liquefying

My teacher brought it up to the whole class :facepalm::colondollar:
needless to say i didn't get the mark :P
Original post by Kulsum1
Spelt my name wrong:/ had to get a new paper in GCSE exam

I did that too!
i said that hormones travel through the nerves in GCSE biology xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Original post by Anmol_.
In English igcse exam this year, I signed off question one writing love from and then my own name :colonhash:

Half my class did exactly the same
I was a physics gcse and I came to a question where I had to draw a ray of light and I drew it in pen and I made a mistake... 🙃

Posted from TSR Mobile
In my gcse math's mock exam, i put that 27/3=7
2x1=3
:colonhash:
So many...

Posted from TSR Mobile
If you went to the toilet in exam time at my old school, they gave you the time back to write at the end.
My university doesn't.

Needless to say I got screamed at. I've never been so embarrassed. :s-smilie:

Latest