The Student Room Group

AQA AS Biology 7401/1 and 7401/2 Exam - 26th May and 7th June 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jamescullen2505
I think you did what I did and measured the radius instead of the diameter

Nah I done diameter. But either way whether you do diameter or radius you should get the same answer. But it was how many times bigger e.g 10 is 2x bigger than 5. So is 20 2x bigger than 10
Original post by OfficialChemist
Nah blud everything i revised never popped up

the vast majority of topics came up:h:
AQA took the piss with this, they defos want us to fail
Original post by Sajjjid
Nah I done diameter. But either way whether you do diameter or radius you should get the same answer. But it was how many times bigger e.g 10 is 2x bigger than 5. So is 20 2x bigger than 10

Rah true fam
Reply 864
Original post by Sajjjid
How did you get that? I swear you measure both the sizes and then divide the bigger by the smaller. I got 1.7x. Plus by looking at it it didnt look 3x bigger

Do you remember the measurement of D and B?
Original post by ineedA
What was the haemoglobin one? For water potential I put sea water contains salt - Lower water potential - water moves into worm down water potential grad via osmosis , worm swells , may burst , death

Wouldn't water move out of the worm? Because water moves from higher water potential in worm to lower water potential in sea water?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Hello_987123
It was a circle, and said how times bigger is the area of D (or something) than B. So you do ( can't remember the values exactly)
Pi x r^2 as a ratio between the 2 (D and B)

Pi x 1.1^2 : pi x 0.65^2
3.8 : 1.33
Get the right had side down to one
2.9 :1
So it was X2.9 bigger
I hope so anyway lol

Damnn. You guys went in doing the area of a circle and everything. But I remember quit well D wasnt 3x bigger than the size of B
2.9x was the correct answer, although im sure they'll accept answers in the range of 2.5-3.5ish :tongue:
we need an unofficial markscheme cos moretime everyone's lost the plot
Original post by Virolite

None of meisos came up. WTFF
What did everyone out for the phosphate and embryo question??
Reply 871
Original post by Virolite

- Transcription
- Translation
- Mitosis and Meiosis only barely
- Taxonomy
- Insects
- Fish
- Heart

But nah - focus the papers on enzymes
Hate the fact that nearly nothing on human biology came up except for the weird ones like haemoglobin and emphysema. Was looking for some good ol' factual recall about heart and lungs 😭
Oh well

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by alicepennington
What did everyone out for the phosphate and embryo question??

i said hydrolysis of phosphate releases energy etc which is used in reactions but im dumb so that's most likely wrong
Original post by Jason.CCY

Do you kno how to access the memory of a casio calc?
Original post by Jason.CCY

Wait I rememeber. I had 2.3/1.3 which gave 1.76
Original post by OfficialChemist
i said hydrolysis of phosphate releases energy etc which is used in reactions but im dumb so that's most likely wrong

I put that too but wasn't sure! And something about phosphate changing the shape of enzymes so other substrates fit? But tbh I was just trying to think of anything I knew about phosphate so not sure if that's right
Original post by kiwifruit99
Wouldn't water move out of the worm? Because water moves from higher water potential in worm to lower water potential in sea water?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you're right dude, seems they got a little mixed up! Otherwise the worm would be even worse off in the freshwater (ponds, rivers, etc...)
Original post by Sajjjid
Damnn. You guys went in doing the area of a circle and everything. But I remember quit well D wasnt 3x bigger than the size of B

the diameter wasn't three times bigger, but the area was, you had to find area not just the diameter
Original post by Hello_987123
Do you think they will accept 2.9 (2 significant figures)

yh that should be fine, there was no indication on what sig fig to give, i used 3 since my teacher said to do that if they don't specify

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending