The Student Room Group

Anyone ever had a fire alarm go off in their exam?

In my geography exam today the fire alarm went off, everyone went out of the hall for the one of the deputy heads to say that they had been told to ignore it. Don't know why the alarm would be set off knowing people were doing exams.
Reply 1
Original post by 11easkry
In my geography exam today the fire alarm went off, everyone went out of the hall for the one of the deputy heads to say that they had been told to ignore it. Don't know why the alarm would be set off knowing people were doing exams.

A fire doesn't know when people are doing exams :tongue:
Reply 2
Original post by luciie
A fire doesn't know when people are doing exams :tongue:

as soon as we got out of the exam hall the deputy head had said all the deputy and assistant heads had been told to ignore it prior to the alarm going off:frown:
I had a fire alarm go off during my geography SDME. We were walking to the back of the sixth form block when they told us to get back in. I was grateful for the alarm as I was holding in a gigantic chest cough and it gave me time to wipe off all of the snot that was on my face.
A fire alarm went off in my second AS Psychology exam last year and we all had to leave the hall too. Apparently someone had pulled it. They had people in to question students who had been in the exam and asked if we'd have the opportunity to possible discuss questions and answers with other students. One girl told them that we did and we all got the exam taken off us. They marked us two marks less than our first psychology exam and our second papers weren't marked at all. It was so upsetting knowing how much work I'd put into it but I'm sure they've changed the rules since

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
The fire alarm went off in my history exam on Monday. We had to sit in our seats for 30 minutes until it stopped ringing (despite it being a real fire!) and then finish our papers; we only had 3 minutes of the exam left! - what a waste of half an hour, especially when I had to take 3 different exams that day and I could have been revising for the later papers during that time.
Reply 6
went off in my history one :tongue:
Original post by Gymnast7
The fire alarm went off in my history exam on Monday. We had to sit in our seats for 30 minutes until it stopped ringing (despite it being a real fire!) and then finish our papers; we only had 3 minutes of the exam left! - what a waste of half an hour, especially when I had to take 3 different exams that day and I could have been revising for the later papers during that time.

thats not fair? shouldn't they pause the timer during that? not only is it distracting but more importantly you had a whole 30 minutes taken off?
Reply 8
Original post by hello654321
thats not fair? shouldn't they pause the timer during that? not only is it distracting but more importantly you had a whole 30 minutes taken off?

Sorry, I didn't quite make it clear - the timer was paused but we only had 3 minutes of the exam remaining when the fire bell went off, so we had to wait 30 minutes for the fire bell to stop ringing just to do the last 3 minutes (which nobody did anything in anyway as listening to a fire bell for half an hour had completely distracted everyone). The bigger impact was upon my psychology and additional maths exams that afternoon (one of which was scheduled early anyway so as to fit two exams in one session) as I had very little time to prepare thanks to the morning history exam finishing 30 minutes later than I had anticipated.
Original post by Gymnast7
Sorry, I didn't quite make it clear - the timer was paused but we only had 3 minutes of the exam remaining when the fire bell went off, so we had to wait 30 minutes for the fire bell to stop ringing just to do the last 3 minutes (which nobody did anything in anyway as listening to a fire bell for half an hour had completely distracted everyone). The bigger impact was upon my psychology and additional maths exams that afternoon (one of which was scheduled early anyway so as to fit two exams in one session) as I had very little time to prepare thanks to the morning history exam finishing 30 minutes later than I had anticipated.

oh i understand! lol. i wouldn't mind listening to a bell for 30 minutes in an exam hall.

Quick Reply

Latest