The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

Getting in with lower grades

I have firmed Liverpool for politics with entry requirements of ABB. Last year i got ACC and am concerned after taking one of my exams yesterday and doing badly. I realistically think i may get ABD which i will probably not get me in to liverpool. What are the possibilities i could get in with those grades, as i have heard of situations of people getting in with lower grades. However, a D doesn't fill me with great hope.
(edited 7 years ago)
To be honest it depends on you yourself My uncle was applying for medicine in which you needed 3 And his friend who got 3 Cs was accepted because of his passion for medicine. Another guy who got 3 As was rejected i guess it depends on the interview and you i guess.
Good luck! x
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 2
Original post by hafsahshead
To be honest it depends on you yourself My uncle was applying for medicine in which you needed 3 And his friend who got 3 Cs was accepted because of his passion for medicine. Another guy who got 3 As was rejected i guess it depends on the interview and you i guess.
Good luck! x

Well, i never did an interview so i guess i wasn't able to show anything. I feel i can get an A/A* in politics so they may see my passion for the subject in my personal statement and that i can do well in the subject i want to study.
Reply 3
Original post by adamp10
Well, i never did an interview so i guess i wasn't able to show anything. I feel i can get an A/A* in politics so they may see my passion for the subject in my personal statement and that i can do well in the subject i want to study.

Same position as you. I apples to do International policy and politics. I need ABB but I will be lucky if I end up with BBC
Original post by adamp10
I have firmed Liverpool for politics with entry requirements of ABB. Last year i got ACC and am concerned after taking one of my exams yesterday and doing badly. I realistically think i may get ABD which i will probably not get me in to liverpool. What are the possibilities i could get in with those grades, as i have heard of situations of people getting in with lower grades. However, a D doesn't fill me with great hope.

I think it depends on what your course is and how popular it is, if they were already pretty over subscribed I imagine it might be harder, but for example for my course (physical geography) I've been told they're lower on numbers and speaking to a girl currently in first year she said she was let in on lower grades and that there are a few people she knows with surprisingly lower grades who got in. They might give a bit of preference because you firmed them also
Original post by adamp10
Original post by es_103
Same position as you. I apples to do International policy and politics. I need ABB but I will be lucky if I end up with BBC

Hi

Try not to panic too much, you can contact your admissions team who will be more than happy to provide you with advice and information about the application process. :smile: You should have received their contact details via email when you received your offer. You can either drop them an email or give them a call with your concerns.

Hope this helps!

Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending