The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Maths Linear B UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Calculator Higher

Scroll to see replies

I thought the holiday question was 1 adult 2 children so she didn't have enough money?
Reply 21
Original post by george_c00per
Maybe we will get it right as there could be multiple answers. I hope so anyway!!:redface:

Did you work it out by doing simultaneous equations?
Reply 22
Original post by Woodsy123
I thought the holiday question was 1 adult 2 children so she didn't have enough money?

1 adult and 1 children, came to llike 977.50 if I remember correctly so she had enough by a fair bit
Original post by AlexMB9
Did you work it out by doing simultaneous equations?

No, I just added all of the angles up and then took away from both sides. I then just selected two numbers which fits (2x+y=44) so therefore x=11 and y=22. It's probably not the best solution to work it out but I proved that it was right by slotting it back into the angles.
Reply 24
Original post by george_c00per
No, I just added all of the angles up and then took away from both sides. I then just selected two numbers which fits (2x+y=44) so therefore x=11 and y=22. It's probably not the best solution to work it out but I proved that it was right by slotting it back into the angles.

I have a feeling I've read on a mark scheme before they tend to only give half marks for trial and error methods, but if its an answer theyll accept it. I remember getting something different and what this guy said on the thread!
Original post by AlexMB9
I have a feeling I've read on a mark scheme before they tend to only give half marks for trial and error methods, but if its an answer theyll accept it. I remember getting something different and what this guy said on the thread!

Do you know what the question was out of? I'll take half marks tbh, better than nothing :redface:
Reply 26
Thats what I did! I got 1.5.... how about you?
the answer was 20 and 12, supplementary anlges inside two parallel lines add to 180, simple
Grade boundary for a B overall from two papers?
Reply 29
How did u work out the bread loafs one
Original post by Rsmanu1
How did u work out the bread loafs one

I used an equation.

There were six times more white than granary.

Therefore w = 6g

There were half as many brown as white

Therefore b = 3g

But he also made granary loaves so in total there were

6g + 3g + g = 10g

He made 130 loaves so

10g = 130
g = 13

He made 13 granary loaves, so w = 6g = 78 white loaves, and b = 3g = 39 brown loaves.
Would i get any marks for the completing the square question if i got the correct answers, but i used another method?
What do you reckon the grade boundaries will be guys for maths higher
Yes
Reply 34
For the probability one that's 2/15, does it have to be cancelled down or will 12/90 get me the marks?
Reply 35
Original post by Babajide
For the probability one that's 2/15, does it have to be cancelled down or will 12/90 get me the marks?

You should be fine with that answer.
I got a different answer for question24, are you sure your answer is correct?
hi
i got x=60 and y=8
because the question was like 2x+y=128 and 5x+y=100 so its basically simultaneous
Got a question.....A baker makes 130 loaves so that there are 6 times as many as white loaves as granary loaveshalf as many brown loaves as white loaves. How many of each type does he make? White........Brown........Granary.........

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending