The Student Room Group

What makes a person unlikable?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by acupofgreentea
I can't even escape this emotional manipulation on TSR now? :sad:

That face is my heart when you make fun of YMAS. :puppyeyes:

I never realised it effected you so much

Reply 41
people who are not generous and stingy! also, i find people who are very controlling and serious unlikeable!
Original post by Zargabaath
I never realised it effected you so much

It does.

And you wouldn't want to do something that hurt me, would you, pepe?

Reply 43
Controlling, narcissistic, manipulative, attention seeking, compulsive liar, passive aggressive, makes everything about politics, self-pity, acts fun/nice/happy in public + on facebook and when you get to know them they turn out to be all the above: unfortunately my housemate
It does.

And you wouldn't want to do something that hurt me, would you, pepe?

Of course not, how could you think such a thing of me?

Reply 45
I have a good friend who everyone seems to really like, she basically is just quite laid back but hard working and passionate, she never gets too caught up in drama, she stands by her own beliefs and isn't too easily influenced by others, but she's also dependable and understanding, and really accepting of people. She seems to always be able to look past imperfections in people and always talks highly of people (in a sincere way).

I just realised the title says 'unlikable', oops...
This.

If you find something appealing in being cruel and the effects that has, that says something about you as a person and it's something I want nothing to do with.

I feel the same about people who hate on You Me At Six. :colonhash:

What annoys u so much about that? :lol:

Nothing at all :smile:
Basically anything that to me marks them as someone who isn't a decent and good person.

Everyone has their flaws and no one is perfect, so I can look past a lot and still like someone. But if they're not a good person then they're out of my life at the drop of my hat because I refuse to have people like that in my life.

Examples of what makes a person not a good person to me are:

-Overly selfish, now everyone to some extent is selfish that's just human nature. But if they're selfish to the point it's clear they only think about themselves and never take other people into account then sorry they're an ass.

-Any form of genuine prejudice against a group of people, so racism, sexism, homophobia ect. If someone groups and entire groups of people as inferior or has unfair standard for only certain groups of people but not others then they are not a decent or good person in my book.

-Entitlement, anyone who feels unreasonably entitled to things from other people purely because they believe they are more important, deserving or "worthy". An example would be someone who feels entitled to sex because they bought someone a drink. Or someone who feels entitled to being given money from a friend purely because they were "nice" to them.

They're the three main ones that cover a lot of scenarios. But I'm sure there are other examples I could come up with. I let go of a lot of stuff and can see past a lot. But when it comes to some things my views are strong and firm and I will not ignore them and I will speak out against them.
(edited 7 years ago)
A lot of things.

Spoiler

Original post by JokesOnYoo
Name everything.

Average or ugly looking guys who think every girl fancies them and that they're a straight 10/10. No, just stop, you are embarrassing yourself
Original post by Zargabaath
If they have a consonant in their name, I tend to hate them

What.... :bawling: I only have consonants in my name :bawling:
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
What.... :bawling: I only have consonants in my name :bawling:

O is a vowel
My name is just Rhythm
This is too true :biggrin:
Original post by Boss_Rhythm
My name is just Rhythm

That's not what your username says

Spoiler

-Being a know it all. Especially the ones that insist that they know what's best for you even though they know squat about you.

- Poor hygiene

- Being rude and snooty

- Being too judgmental.

-Always complaining without making any effort to fix the things they complain about.

- Being extremely cynical and pessimistic.

- Pretending not to care about things/ having no goals to seem cool.

- Wearing trekkies or gym clothes all the bloody time.
(edited 7 years ago)
Well that would be the kind of person that asks what kind of person I find unlikable and probes me for questions I never intend on answering.

Wait a minute.........
A self centered, egoistic and selfish person who has to constantly put others down.
Basically don't be an ******** i'm pretty sure you all know what that means

Quick Reply

Latest