The Student Room Group

Aqa RST3B A2 2016 Predictions Philosophy of Religion

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Karan24H
no worries
are you doing Religious Language and Theodicies?
If so what do you think will come up, or have your teachers given you any hints, as my teacher useless

I'm doing Problem of evil, and no no predictions or hints either :frown:
no worries
are you doing Religious Language and Theodicies?
If so what do you think will come up, or have your teachers given you any hints, as my teacher useless

Btw, can I use Hume for Anselm? because he says the idea of necessary existence was meaningless?
Original post by arrow_h
Btw, can I use Hume for Anselm? because he says the idea of necessary existence was meaningless?

You could do,
but i would rather use the main one being Gaunillo and Aquinas is a really good one as well
You could do,
but i would rather use the main one being Gaunillo and Aquinas is a really good one as well

Alright thanks
Reply 144
Has anyone got notes on ontological argument they could share with me?
Reply 145
Can someone summarise Hicks argument-irenaeus theodicy for me pleaseee i am getting so confused :frown: I only started revising today and i have chemistry unit 4 tomorrow. I am screwed
Reply 146
Thank you soooo much i appreciate all your help....Sorry for bothering everyone but how would you answer this question:
‘Theexistence of moral evil is more difficult to justify than the existence ofnatural evil,’-How far do you agree.
Is anyone actually ready for this exam?
There is so much to remember.
Exams are over soon, but so much to do before

Spoiler

Nope not at all. Btw what topic u doing for the synoptic paper??
If it were to ask Outline 2key objections against the ontological argument and explain the responses madeby them.
Would you just need to give Gaunilo/Kant/Aquinas? So no response by Anselm
Can someone pleaseeeeeeeee outline all the main criticisms of the OA (falling under definition of God, existence as a predicate, existential claims), state who they are aimed at (Anselm/Descartes/both) and the responses? :biggrin:

I am getting confused as there are so many overlaps e.g. with Kant, Hume, Russell
Original post by arrow_h
If it were to ask Outline 2key objections against the ontological argument and explain the responses madeby them.
Would you just need to give Gaunilo/Kant/Aquinas? So no response by Anselm

Responses are made by Plantinga and Malcolm.i guess you could also include Hartshorne.
also, when referring to the Ontological argument throughout our essays, do we need to put a capital O for ontological??
Original post by KaurNav
Responses are made by Plantinga and Malcolm.i guess you could also include Hartshorne.

But it says objections, aren't Plantinga and Malcolm just responses?
Original post by arrow_h
But it says objections, aren't Plantinga and Malcolm just responses?

I think I misread your question as I read it as objections and their responses which is also a question you can get (sorry revision is making me crazy)
Original post by Jehaan
I think I misread your question as I read it as objections and their responses which is also a question you can get (sorry revision is making me crazy)

So how do we answer it?
Maybe 8 million Jews died but God saved 2 million could be an argument against yours but we will never know what God has done only what occurs
Original post by ma246
Thank you soooo much i appreciate all your help....Sorry for bothering everyone but how would you answer this question:
‘Theexistence of moral evil is more difficult to justify than the existence ofnatural evil,’-How far do you agree.

No bother its actually quite good practice!
I actually think this would be a great question
I have made a short essay plan as I assume this would only be worth 20 marks.

FWD justifies moral evil due to free will which makes natural evil harder to justify

Free will harder due to the bad choices people make and the fact God allows these bad choices to occur

Natural harder as logical problem of evil could justify existence of free will and therefore moral but not natural evil

Free will harder as evidential problem- can suffering of Baby Sue be justified?

(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Jehaan
No bother its actually quite good practice!
I actually think this would be a great question
I have made a short essay plan as I assume this would only be worth 30 marks.

FWD justifies moral evil due to free will which makes natural evil harder to justify

Free will harder due to the bad choices people make and the fact God allows these bad choices to occur

Natural harder as logical problem of evil could justify existence of free will and therefore moral but not natural evil

Free will harder as evidential problem- can suffering of Baby Sue be justified?

It was an A02 in 2012
Original post by arrow_h
It was an A02 in 2012

Whoops I meant 20. You can clearly see what revision is doing to my brain
Original post by Jehaan
Whoops I meant 20. You can clearly see what revision is doing to my brain

Hahaha, btw you know for A02's, you can talk about theodices and philosophers right but you give your opinion too?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending