Scroll to see replies

Hiya! Anyone starting the Earth Science course in September? :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by Kemosabe99
Hey,

Filled in my accommodation preferences as part of my application but completely missed off my first choice before confirming it. Is there anything I can do to change this or have I now messed up??
Yes I am an idiot!

Many Thanks

Hi

I'm afraid there's nothing we can do. However you can ring the accommodation team at 01912083333 to explain your situation.

Best wishes,

Christina
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi everyone!

Welcome to Newcastle University’s official Q&A thread here on The Student Room.

Our team will be responding to your queries on anything about Newcastle University. If you have any questions about student life at Newcastle, or if there is something you might like to know about studying with us, please get in touch. For any questions you may not wish to post publicly, feel free to drop the team a private message.

The site will be monitored Monday–Friday, 9am–5pm and we will aim to respond to you within 24 hours.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Newcastle University Student Room Team: Christina, Persephone, Matt and Anna

Hi,

I graduated from Newcastle with a degree in Biomedical Sciences this summer. I am now thinking of applying for postgraduate medicine, the 4 year accelerated course. I was just wondering if you could tell me roughly how many applicants there were for this course in 2015 as I know there are only 25 places and I was wondering what the success rate was for applicants to places.

I was also wondering if the UKCAT cut off for this course is different that for the 5 year course and if so what the cut off was for the last couple of years to get an idea of whether or not I should apply having scored 2870 in total, average 718.

In addition I was wondering if there was any advantage to being a graduate from Newcastle? I only ask because I know that for Leeds medical school any student who studied their undergraduate degree at Leeds automatically gets to the interview stage.

Sorry for all the questions

Izzy
Hi I was thinking of applying for the partners scheme but I recently moved house which put me out of all the housing and extenuating circumstances criteria,can anything be done about this

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Supermanxxxxxx
Hi I was thinking of applying for the partners scheme but I recently moved house which put me out of all the housing and extenuating circumstances criteria,can anything be done about this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi

Thanks for getting in touch. Unfortunately we would need to use the postcode on your UCAS application. If you want to discuss it further with us you can ring us on 0191 208 6094 but there isn’t much we can do about it sadly.

Best wishes,

Christina
Original post by IsabelHiskett
Hi,

I graduated from Newcastle with a degree in Biomedical Sciences this summer. I am now thinking of applying for postgraduate medicine, the 4 year accelerated course. I was just wondering if you could tell me roughly how many applicants there were for this course in 2015 as I know there are only 25 places and I was wondering what the success rate was for applicants to places.

I was also wondering if the UKCAT cut off for this course is different that for the 5 year course and if so what the cut off was for the last couple of years to get an idea of whether or not I should apply having scored 2870 in total, average 718.

In addition I was wondering if there was any advantage to being a graduate from Newcastle? I only ask because I know that for Leeds medical school any student who studied their undergraduate degree at Leeds automatically gets to the interview stage.

Sorry for all the questions

Izzy

Hi Izzy,

Thanks for getting in touch. If you send us your email either on this thread or by PM. I'll pass on your query to the Medical Admissions team and you should receive a personal response soon.

Best wishes,

Christina
Reply 186
Hi im interested in applying to Newcastle and was wondering what it is like for golf, i play of 6 so am a slighty above average player and wanted to know what opportunities there would be to play and improve. I understand that it may be unlikely for me to get on the first team as there is probably several players of a lower handicap.
Original post by doudsy
Hi im interested in applying to Newcastle and was wondering what it is like for golf, i play of 6 so am a slighty above average player and wanted to know what opportunities there would be to play and improve. I understand that it may be unlikely for me to get on the first team as there is probably several players of a lower handicap.

Hi

Thanks for getting in touch. We do have a Golf Club at Newcastle University that run two competitive teams both competing within BUCS leagues. The handicap limit varies year on year depending on uptake so I would recommend contacting the president of the club, Dan White [email protected] for more information and advice.

Hope that helps

Best wishes,

Christina
Hey guys, There's a group set up on FB for everyone applying to Newcastle for 2016 entry so I thought I'd share it! Here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1639650029625043/
Why Newcastle?
Original post by Lord Kitchener
Why Newcastle?

Hi Lord Kitchener :smile:

Why Newcastle!? Well there's loads of reasons! Check out what our students had to say about it on our On Course To NCL website.

Best wishes,

Christina
(edited 8 years ago)
Hello guys!I am curious wether or not there are many study abroad opportunities within university and how hard is to obtain a year abroad as a Combined Honours student :smile:
Original post by Lalala97
Hello guys!I am curious wether or not there are many study abroad opportunities within university and how hard is to obtain a year abroad as a Combined Honours student :smile:

Hi :smile:

The short answer is YES there are lots of study abroad opportunities and NO it's not hard for Combined Honours students to study abroad :smile:

I've replied to your question in more detail here

All the best,

Persephone
Hi,

You might find it useful to look at the blogs on our On Course to NCL website :smile:

There are also virtual tours for most of the sites, plus there are accommodation tours for some sites bookable online.

Here's a recent one - Newcastle uni accommodation 2016 - but if you have a search through this forum you will find plenty of opinions!

All the best

Persephone
Hi Guys,

If you have stick around for Easter, we are holding an exclusive all day brunch event!!

You can come down, help yourself to free food and other refreshments along with some competitions and freebies to give away to those who pop in!

Want to come? Sign up to the guest-list so we know you're coming :smile:

http://www.vitastudent.com/emx/email/breakfast-campaign/breakfast-campaign-brunch-newcastle-21032016/

Hopefully see you guys there!

Sophie :smile:
http://www.vitastudent.com/locations/newcastle/
The University will be closed on Good Friday and Easter Monday. Any questions posted over the next 4 days will be seen when we are back in the office on Tuesday 29 March. We'll respond to you as soon as possible on our return :smile: Have a good weekend!
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 196
I am considering rejecting all my offers and applying to Newcastle University through extra, as i initially did not apply to this course. I emailed the university last week and they stated if i was doing so i would have to do it as soon as possible, stupidly I began to doubt such a brass move, but now I really regret not doing it then. I was just wondering you would know or would have any way of finding out if Newcastle law is still open through extra?
Original post by rm717
I am considering rejecting all my offers and applying to Newcastle University through extra, as i initially did not apply to this course. I emailed the university last week and they stated if i was doing so i would have to do it as soon as possible, stupidly I began to doubt such a brass move, but now I really regret not doing it then. I was just wondering you would know or would have any way of finding out if Newcastle law is still open through extra?

Hi,

I've replied to your other post about this :smile: According to the UCAS site our Law LLB is in Extra.

All the best,

Persephone
Have you heard any negative reviews of St James' Point or St James' Place (managed by Prime Student Living)? I love the look of it and it's a great location. I've posted this in the accommodation thread, too, but this thread gets more views :wink:
Hi just wondering what percentage of each year counts towards a BSc Geography degree?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending