The Student Room Group

AQA A-Level French 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jesskharrisx
i thought it was medicines because soigner was used in the infinitive wasn't it? as opposed to synonym 'des traitments' but i put all the others so fingers crossed

and toes lol
How did everyone translate the last sentence of the french to english? The n'importe qui thing?
And energy listening question.
What did people put why solar energy is a good option. I heard la champion du monde des panneaux solairevolyaiques and thats it.
Did people get 25%, 50% and 15 million euros
And was the man finding his job not late true?
And what letters did people get for the first question?
I remember that the first person was condamné and it was about l'embauche?
Reply 142
was the last question of the neg-french translation - le devoir de chacun de nous? (de/du???). what was cuivre? for the last line of the french to english I put something last if fortune had decided it thus. is a room - une pièce? and was it éteignant?
Original post by theravensdiadem
That's what I had! I'm hoping my listening/reading marks will make up for what I lost in the French to English translation :/
I mistook 'cuivre' as meaning leather instead of copper (I was thinking 'cuir') and wasn't sure how to phrase the last sentence (something about how anyone could have been in Jamel's position if fate had decided it)

Balls I put 'metal' for 'cuivre' because I had no idea😂😂😂 Same here that translation was horrendous. Hoping my writing helps me get some more marks tbh

Posted from TSR Mobile
The listening was pretty difficult!😁 What numbers and percentages did everyone get for the renewable energy question?
(edited 7 years ago)
What did everyone get for the listening question on the reports on racism?
That's what I had! I'm hoping my listening/reading marks will make up for what I lost in the French to English translation :/
I mistook 'cuivre' as meaning leather instead of copper (I was thinking 'cuir':wink: and wasn't sure how to phrase the last sentence (something about how anyone could have been in Jamel's position if fate had decided it)

Damn I put brass instead of copper, i was thinking of brass instruments :s-smilie:

Me neither, and the bit about 'chefs' - what did bosses have to do with the rest of the text?!?!?!

Something like 'we should remind our bosses that anyone could find themselves in Jamel's position, if their fate/destiny had decided it to be that way' is what I put, but I wasn't confident :tongue:
Did anybody else accidentally answer some questions in Spanish? I'm studying both languages and think I may have messed up with some grammar :frown: will I still get the marks as it isn't English?
Original post by jesskharrisx
i put racines because it was talking about acid in the soil i think

There was also this weird one that started with ce ... then les animaux something. I put terres i think which is worng
Reply 149
Original post by negin1347
What did everyone put for the reading fill in the gaps, i think i put arbres as the first but it might have been racines.

yeah i think the first one was racines... i found this question so difficult though :frown: i think i guessed the rest of them
On the question about Les Roms (listening) I didn't know on one question whether it was that b) their children don't always attend school or c)the parents don't understand the school calendar - I thought it was arguably both!??!!?
Original post by La_magicienne
Damn I put brass instead of copper, i was thinking of brass instruments :s-smilie:

Me neither, and the bit about 'chefs' - what did bosses have to do with the rest of the text?!?!?!

Something like 'we should remind our bosses that anyone could find themselves in Jamel's position, if their fate/destiny had decided it to be that way' is what I put, but I wasn't confident :tongue:

I took chefs as meaning leaders, because 'chef d'etat' is a head of state :smile:
Original post by La_magicienne
On the question about Les Roms (listening) I didn't know on one question whether it was that b) their children don't always attend school or c)the parents don't understand the school calendar - I thought it was arguably both!??!!?

i put that they didn't understand school calendar but i was also torn between the two because they're so similar
Original post by avocadomash
How did everyone translate the last sentence of the french to english? The n'importe qui thing?
And energy listening question.
What did people put why solar energy is a good option. I heard la champion du monde des panneaux solairevolyaiques and thats it.
Did people get 25%, 50% and 15 million euros
And was the man finding his job not late true?
And what letters did people get for the first question?
I remember that the first person was condamné and it was about l'embauche?

I got the same numbers for the listening but thought they said 'milliard' instead of million?
Guys I wanna confess something. My real name isn't Sarah. It is Madame Vie, I am a French professor and I accidentally sat the exam :frown:(
Original post by astevenson
I got the same numbers for the listening but thought they said 'milliard' instead of million?

I put milliard!
Original post by astevenson

yeah i put 15 billion
I put milliard!

I put 15 milliard too! Not to be confused with milliers which was in another answer, I hate numbers!! :tongue:
Reply 158
OMG I STUPIDLY FORGOT TO PUT THE NUMBER OF THE ESSAY Î CHOSE?!! am a complete idiot! Will this affect my mark??? I'm stressing out so much I didn't even finish that exam properly :frown:
in that percent question for les energies renouvelables i wrote un quart... la moitie.. rather than 50% and 25% will that make a difference

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending