The Student Room Group

AQA A2 Spanish 2016

Scroll to see replies

Haven't done any Spanish revision since my oral exam a month ago... lol kill me.

Htf do I go about getting an A
Original post by MMMMM22
What makes you think influences on director will come up?

Because I don't think it's come up for Spanish before and you're supposed to know some background context
Like for Pans Labyrinth you can tie in all the civil war type narrative stuff, Intertextuality with Devils BackBone and how Pans Labyrinths ideologies are slightly different to its sister text because of events in modern times like 9/11
Original post by CJaneH
For translation I'm just doing all the past papers and making sure I've revised all the grammar and key phrases & I'm doing Volver :smile:

Good idea, I was thinking of going over past paper translations and grammar practice on Thisislanguage is really good :smile:

I think for the film I'm just going to watch it again and then do a couple of practice essays this weekend :smile:
For the people doing Pans Labyrinth, do you refer to Guillermo Del Toro's other films like the Devil's Backbone or do you just stick to Pans?? Because, although I've seen the devil's backbone, I find it hard to include it in my essay :/ Let me know!
Hey, what are your general tips for the essay? i always seem to get about 26-28 for the essay and i never know how to improve!! im doing la casa de bernarda alba if that helps :smile:
Original post by lahigueraxxx
For the people doing Pans Labyrinth, do you refer to Guillermo Del Toro's other films like the Devil's Backbone or do you just stick to Pans?? Because, although I've seen the devil's backbone, I find it hard to include it in my essay :/ Let me know!

When I'm doing an 'obra signficativa' essay, for example, I tend to have my first paragraph comparing the two. For instance, I say that GDT talks more fondly about Pan's Labyrinth (showing that he feels it is his most significant work), compare the themes of the two briefly and contrast their success at the box office (showing that financially it is his most significant work). Then a bit of personal reaction on which of the two I preferred. :smile:
Original post by nelizabeth_
When I'm doing an 'obra signficativa' essay, for example, I tend to have my first paragraph comparing the two. For instance, I say that GDT talks more fondly about Pan's Labyrinth (showing that he feels it is his most significant work), compare the themes of the two briefly and contrast their success at the box office (showing that financially it is his most significant work). Then a bit of personal reaction on which of the two I preferred. :smile:

Okay cool thanks :smile: Would I get marked down for just speaking about Pans then?
Original post by eleanormay456
Hey, what are your general tips for the essay? i always seem to get about 26-28 for the essay and i never know how to improve!! im doing la casa de bernarda alba if that helps :smile:

Just make sure you add loads of examples, specific ones in the play and use quotes in these examples, the more quotes the more content marks! Also loads of personal reaction as the second part of the question is usually what you think makes it successful or to what extent do you admire the play, just adding is as much personal reaction and quotes/examples should boost your essay mark! I also try to get in as much good vocab and different structures to try get those marks as high as I can :smile:
Original post by chloeadey
Just make sure you add loads of examples, specific ones in the play and use quotes in these examples, the more quotes the more content marks! Also loads of personal reaction as the second part of the question is usually what you think makes it successful or to what extent do you admire the play, just adding is as much personal reaction and quotes/examples should boost your essay mark! I also try to get in as much good vocab and different structures to try get those marks as high as I can :smile:

Thank you!!! I will try to do this hahah
btw where are you guys finding the examiner reports?? I can't find them anywhere on the aqa website :frown:

I just refer to Pan's Labrinyth because it is easier and I was looking at the examiner's reports which say that doing more than one film will not get you any more marks. It just depends on the quality of your answer :smile:
btw where are you guys finding the examiner reports?? I can't find them anywhere on the aqa website :frown:

It is in the past paper and mark schemes section. You can find the examiner's report for each year under the past paper and mark scheme for that year :smile:
Original post by Marshmallow21
It is in the past paper and mark schemes section. You can find the examiner's report for each year under the past paper and mark scheme for that year :smile:

Thank you so much :smile:
If the essay includes 'hasta que punto...' do you have to write both sides of the argument?? I've read exam reports and they haven't really mentioned anything about this
If the essay includes 'hasta que punto...' do you have to write both sides of the argument?? I've read exam reports and they haven't really mentioned anything about this

Yes i would definitely include both sides of the argument
Original post by Marshmallow21
Yes i would definitely include both sides of the argument

Okay - thank you once again :smile:
I'm only now starting revision for my Spanish writing lol.

I'd say I had a really good grasp on grammar about a month ago, but due to revision for other exams it's faded. I don't know many facts for the essays.

Any tips on how to bring everything back up again and get ready? Don't know where to start tbh...
Reply 117
for essays on film director I have essay notes for why I would recommend/ why I appreciate/ like the film, why it is successful/popular/impressive/why it will continue to be a success, techniques used, and how the society is presented. Is this enough? I am doing Almodovar - hable con ella . If there was a question on influences on the director I would probably do 3 paragraphs on - religion, sexuality, his Spanish upbringing. Anyone got any other ideas on possible essay questions?
Does anyone have predictions for history essays?
Also my content for the essay is fine but I always struggle with grammar and wondering how to improve this?
ALSO can we use phrases/paragraphs we used in the speaking exam in the essay? Will they notice? I want to reuse some stuff since it's burned into my memory. If they do notice will it affect my grade negatively in some way?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending