The Student Room Group

The Prime Minister has resigned

Enter the BoJo
Original post by Fenice
Enter the BoJo

I'm a bit saddened by Cameron's resignation, as I think he was generally good, and he stuck to his promise of delivering a referendum. If I were him, I wouldn't have gone in so hard on one side, as I think most people knew that if we were to leave, like we have, then it would put him in this position he's in now.

I definitely want BoJo to become the next PM though :biggrin:
I feel like Boris Johnosn might accidentally set the country on fire, like literal fire
Reply 3
we're so ****ed
Reply 4
No he hasn't.

What is it with the lack of reading comprehension on this site?

He has announced he will resign. He has said a new PM will be in place for the Conservative conference in October. Do you really think we'll have 4 months with no PM?! Are you that deranged?

Seriously, go back to school and demand that they teach you how to understand the written language. It's kinda important.
Boris and Trump are going to slice under the UK float it across the ocean and merge it with the US thank god for sellotape. There are plans to privatised your lie ins in the morning, then privatise your nan and all her cats and then club them all together and sell them on to common wealth countries. With the money they'll buy some more sellotape and close the borders. Meanwhile the working class won't get any sellotape.
No surprise.

Just hope it is not Boris. He would be a disaster and we would get a poor deal to leave the EU.
Good riddance
Reply 8
Original post by Fenice
You're a pedantic sausage muncher and you're also completely wrong

Cameron has resigned as Prime Minister. That's why it says on BBC News 'Cameron quits', and earlier 'Cameron resigns'. It doesn't have to mean he's already gone.

Again, I suggest you read your source:

"Prime Minister David Cameron is to step down by October after the UK voted to leave the European Union."

Please, see for yourself.

Pedantic is just another word for correct.
Reply 9
Why did he drag his wife out in her heels to watch him?
Original post by Fenice
You have xeliberately refused to see for yourself the words 'Cameron quits' and 'Cameron resigns' that are plastered all over the media. Both are acceptable

Pedantic is another word for basement dwelling, self loathing sausage muncher

Both are examples of media hyperbole and gutter dwelling click bait. It doesn't make it correct.

The PM has not resigned until he or she has gone to the Queen to formally hand in their resignation. That has not happened. He has informed the Queen that he will, but that is not that same thing.

If you hand your notice in at your place of work you are still required to work your notice period. This is exactly what is happening here.

It is categorically untrue to say he has resigned. It is not untrue to say he has said he will resign (though, that has been true for 2 years anyway).

And homophobic insults? Really? Good to see the high class of debate on tsr continuing...
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending