The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SA-1
So Nigel Farage goes on ITV and says the 350m he promised the NHS was a mistake :rofl:

Tried making out as though it'll be spread out but I imagine that's bs too

I saw that, couldn't help but laugh...

One of the reasons I didn't vote - both sides lie through their teeth and I remember what the Lib Dems did to their student support.
Can't trust anybody tbh.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Give it Giggsy till the end of the season

****ing ninja'd me
this is the darkest timeline
Original post by difeo
this is the darkest timeline

I don't think we've ever need a funky Taylor gif more, from you.
Original post by The Wavefunction
I don't think we've ever need a funky Taylor gif more, from you.

Britain be like

Original post by bammy jastard 27
**** this country anyway going to relocate to the states in a few years time anyway.

Ahahaha :rofl:

I personally think it will be okay with time the initial drops are expected tbh. Although im not sure what this means for NATO and all that..
Original post by trapking
Ahahaha :rofl:

I personally think it will be okay with time the initial drops are expected tbh. Although im not sure what this means for NATO and all that..

NATO stays the same, as do pretty much all non-political/trade organisations. Actually saw someone on *****er yesterday saying we should stay because we'd get kicked out of the Champions League ffs
Original post by Jimmy Seville
NATO stays the same, as do pretty much all non-political/trade organisations. Actually saw someone on *****er yesterday saying we should stay because we'd get kicked out of the Champions League ffs

Ahahaha

Hard to say with complete certainty tbh but hopefully security will remain some what similar.
Facebook is melting down worse than the Arsenal thread does when their annual fake title run ends.
Reply 5849
Original post by Lúcio
I saw that, couldn't help but laugh...

One of the reasons I didn't vote - both sides lie through their teeth and I remember what the Lib Dems did to their student support.
Can't trust anybody tbh.

Can't understand people who didn't vote tbh.

If you're unsure of a change then you should have voted for no change - I.e, remain!!!!
Luke will be fine with his 39k

Bloody 1 percenters ruining this damn country
Original post by Lúcio
Facebook is melting down worse than the Arsenal thread does when their annual fake title run ends.

That can't be possible, :colondollar:
Original post by SA-1

If you're unsure of a change then you should have voted for no change - I.e, remain!!!!

I actually think it is a good move. I believe there is nothing worse than people imo who can't decide and turn up and pick an option randomly.
Unfortunately see that often, a guy next me closed his eyes ffs and picked as I was walking out.
I believe whenever you vote you should pick your option with full conviction. So in a way I feel Lucio made a good decision. However, he did have plenty of time to get himself informed either way.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5852
Original post by fallen_acorns
You mean the country that is close to electing Trump? A man with views that make UKIP shudder?

Good choice!

Oh maybe I'll stay here for a little. Lol if Bojo is prime minister and Trump is president though. May be reconsidering going to Australia or Canada.

Original post by fallen_acorns
Honestly, its not gotten me panicked yet.

Only a truly hardcore deluded OUT supporter could have ever believed that nothing would happen after leaving. I think we all knew that there was going to be a sharp quick reaction to leaving.

The question is what happens next. Markets hate uncertainty, and at the moment that's all we have.. Give it a bit of time, let the process start happening, solve some of the uncertainty, and personally I think we will start to see somewhat of a recovery.

A quick reaction does not worry me, but a maintained one does. Guess we will just have to wait and see what happens over the coming months. Right now though we have not even heard from the prime minister or any of our leaders yet, so its no surprise that people are panicking over a completely unknown and unexpected situation.

You're not panicked because you're busy with your business in China ffs none of this affects you.

Original post by Angry cucumber
Lol because president Trump is exactly where you want to go towards

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah that's a scary thought too. Canada is going to get a whole lot stronger in the next few years.

Can we all take a moment to appreciate this please?

I'm so ****ing done.
Original post by SA-1

No because that's not how it is.
I wasn't "uncertain" about a change, I was indifferent and without opinion.

I didn't vote because I didn't have a strong enough view for either side. It's not my fault mate, chill out...

I had time to look in to it and maybe I should've. But the fact is that you can't you randomly pick a side if you're unsure.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by trapking
Ahahaha

Hard to say with complete certainty tbh but hopefully security will remain some what similar.

I'm sure it will. We live in a very reactionary world, and going through a process of separating from Brussels will help, read it could be done as late as 2020. Not sure Cameron resigning will have done anything good for the pound's value, but at least it's not immediate. I mean he's an odious pig-skull f*cking posh ******, but as a leader and presence on the international stage, he's better in charge than Farage or Boris.

I think proper reform within the political class, which this could provide, could be a good thing. I honestly can't understand why anyone of our generation would actively campaign for the Eton boy's club establishment in a GE after everything they've done to education/nhs etc. While people like Corbyn, his politics aside, are at least have a refreshing approach to representing people unlike the contempt the Tories show for the general public, especially in the Commons.

I wouldn't want to be a pollster right now though, last two's elections (3 maybe with Scottish ref) they've been wrong on election night.

TSR's gone into full high and mighty pretentious mode though. I'm ready to break out the gifs and just browse the politics sub forum all day

Crazy that we've voted out. I think Cameron is right to resign - he publicly and vocally backed remain and they lost.

Also why should he do all the grunt and dirty work with all these negotiations when some other politician would get the benefit?

Osborne should resign too and just say that he can't stick to his manifesto/targets because expert opinion is that a recession is likely and therefore some muppet who wanted to leave the EU can try and sort out the finances now.
Reply 5856
Original post by Lúcio
No because that's not how it is.
I wasn't "uncertain" about a change, I was indifferent and without opinion.

I didn't vote because I didn't have a strong enough view for either side. It's not my fault mate, chill out...

I had time to look in to it and maybe I should've. But the fact is that you can't you randomly pick a side if you're unsure.

It's my view to those who didn't vote because they were indifferent to it.. Not you specifically, you'd have made no difference

My point is that if the people who didn't vote had voted remain, there wouldn't have been much of a difference to them. Now that we're going to exit, there will be changes and who knows what they'll be?

That was one of the campaigns to remain too
Reply 5857
I'm sure it will. We live in a very reactionary world, and going through a process of separating from Brussels will help, read it could be done as late as 2020. Not sure Cameron resigning will have done anything good for the pound's value, but at least it's not immediate. I mean he's an odious pig-skull f*cking posh ******, but as a leader and presence on the international stage, he's better in charge than Farage or Boris.

I think proper reform within the political class, which this could provide, could be a good thing. I honestly can't understand why anyone of our generation would actively campaign for the Eton boy's club establishment in a GE after everything they've done to education/nhs etc. While people like Corbyn, his politics aside, are at least have a refreshing approach to representing people unlike the contempt the Tories show for the general public, especially in the Commons.

I wouldn't want to be a pollster right now though, last two's elections (3 maybe with Scottish ref) they've been wrong on election night.

TSR's gone into full high and mighty pretentious mode though. I'm ready to break out the gifs and just browse the politics sub forum all day

If I was unemployed, I'd do this too
Reply 5858

Clearly Arsenal fans voted leave.

Original post by SA-1

Rekt.
Original post by SA-1

***** pls, i'm literally at work rn

Latest