The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Accommodation help!

I'm going to be joining warwick this september and I had a few questions about accommodation.

First, in an ensuite room are the bathrooms cleaned for you or do you have to clean it yourself?

Second, does the distance of Sherbourne/Lakeside and Heronbank create too much of a problem. I like walking and I wouldn't mind if i had to take a 15-20 walk to go to central campus, but I've never lived in the snow and i don't know how much of a hassle it will be.

Third, is the cooking aspect of warwick too much to handle?

As of now, my accommodation choices (in order of preference) are:
1. Tocil
2. Arthur Vick
3. Sherbourne
4. Lakeside
5. Claycroft

Thank you guys so much!
Reply 1
Hi OP,

In en-suite accommodations, cleaners will come in to clean your bathroom for you. Note: you can ask them not to if you prefer to do it yourself - some people prefer this as the cleaners work to their own schedules - they come in when they come in, and there's nothing you can do about it if you are caught in a hungover/busy or compromising position.

The distances you are speaking of are all relative. In the 'real world', 15-20 minutes walking is genuinely nothing, but the halls you have mentioned do seem really far away from central campus because of the relative nearness of everything else on campus. Obviously you might wanna have a check about where your chosen halls are in relation to your lectures too!

I am not sure what you meant about the snow... In my whole 3 years at Warwick, it got frosty, it got cold, but I never encountered snow?

Hope this helps! :smile:
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by sanyashah
I'm going to be joining warwick this september and I had a few questions about accommodation.

First, in an ensuite room are the bathrooms cleaned for you or do you have to clean it yourself?

Cleaned for you. Please keep it vaguely non-awful though.

Second, does the distance of Sherbourne/Lakeside and Heronbank create too much of a problem. I like walking and I wouldn't mind if i had to take a 15-20 walk to go to central campus, but I've never lived in the snow and i don't know how much of a hassle it will be.

15-20 minutes is plenty to walk that distance. There's not enough snow to make much of a difference.

Third, is the cooking aspect of warwick too much to handle?

Cooking is really easy.
Reply 3
It doesn't really snow enough to make it a problem, and if it does snow the paths will be cleared.
Lakeside and Sherbourne are further out but you're only talking an extra 5 minutes or so walking.

Quick Reply

Latest