The Student Room Group

Edexcel FP3 - 27th June, 2016

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Major-fury
The only question I'm not sure on is the last one I think I did everything right but can't seem to remember my answer. The position vector was (0,-0.2, and something else )

you used x = 0 then, well you can test the position vector by subbing into the cartesian equations, you will find one of them posted above.
Original post by MarocMan
my honest opinion is that itll be 72 100UMS 65 A* 58 A 51 B and who cares about the rest tbh... and i somehow couldnt get question 2, but i done everything else... btw what did you lot get for that completing the square integral that had a negative 1 as the coefficient of x^2 in the root

2/3 arctan(x/2) or x/4, can't remember exactly
Maybe it was 4/3 arctan(x/4), one of the two.
Original post by oShahpo
Did you get it in the form required? I remember it was something like pi + 6root3 - 6 or pi - 6root + 6.

it was pi +6root3 -6 inside the bracket yh, i know thats right cus i then tested it on my calculator and it was same answer :biggrin:
my honest opinion is that itll be 72 100UMS 65 A* 58 A 51 B and who cares about the rest tbh... and i somehow couldnt get question 2, but i done everything else... btw what did you lot get for that completing the square integral that had a negative 1 as the coefficient of x^2 in the root

72 for an A* is too high, people generally make mistakes, specially in FP3 so I think it will be 71/70.
Original post by oShahpo

there were limits so what was your answer in terms of pi?
Guys what would 60-64/75 be? thanks (:

Oh that's b then right? I can't remember but I think k was = 2.
Original post by oShahpo
72 for an A* is too high, people generally make mistakes, specially in FP3 so I think it will be 71/70.

nah i said 72 for 100 UMS loool 65 for A*, this paper was milessss harder that june 2012 which had 70 for A* and 66 for A
Reply 768
Original post by oShahpo

he said 72 for 100UMS
Original post by blahblah21
Guys what would 60-64/75 be? thanks (:

A if you're lucky, but possibly a high B.
Original post by oShahpo

Wasn't the answer for th pi / 3
Original post by oShahpo
Oh that's b then right? I can't remember but I think k was = 2.

youre talking about the y=arcothx question loool but yesss i got k=2 ... i thought i got it wrong THANK GOD
Reply 772

arcsin1-arcsin0.5 = pi/3 is what i got.
Original post by Anon-
he said 72 for 100UMS

Oh, that's impossible then. It will be 75 for an A* definitely! Unless the candidate pool this year is worse than the previous years..
Solutions - Let me know if any need changing.
1)3 and -2
2)5/8+ln(3/2)
3)k=2
4)pi/3 2/3arctan(e^x/3)
5)25/3-32/15root2
6)9 then p=7 and q=5, the eigenvector is (2,1,-2) and then there will be varying orders of the eigenvectors for P.
7)1/12(pi+6root3-6)
8)7x+5y-9z=8 and my a was (11/8,-13/8,0) and b was (11/8,-1/8,1) although others may differ.
Original post by Major-fury
Wasn't the answer for th pi / 3

yessss thats what i got, i then tested the integral on my calculator and the calculator gave me a maths error looool so i assumed the question was a mistake tbh, but i did whatever to get pi/3
Original post by oShahpo
A if you're lucky, but possibly a high B.

ahh cheers man, i need like 73 ums in this for an A :smile:
Original post by Anon-
arcsin1-arcsin0.5 = pi/3 is what i got.

I can't remember, I think I might have not substituted in the limits. Do you remember which question this was? Was it two parts or just one part?
Am I the only one who liked the integrating questions ? You can literally check ur answers to see if they are correct
Original post by Ewanclementson
Solutions - Let me know if any need changing.
1)3 and -2
2)5/8+ln(3/2)
3)k=2
4)pi/3 2/3arctan(e^x/3)
5)25/3-32/15root2
6)9 then p=7 and q=5, the eigenvector is (2,1,-2) and then there will be varying orders of the eigenvectors for P.
7)1/12(pi+6root3-6)
8)7x+5y-9z=8 and my a was (11/8,-13/8,0) and b was (11/8,-1/8,1) although others may differ.

I agree with all but I don't remember this pi/3 at all. Do you remember the question?
AHHH **** I forgot to sub the e^x in U.. ****.!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending