The Student Room Group

There are ways UK can reverse Brexit results – Kerry

I suppose there must also be a way the US can reverse nomination of Hillary Clinton.
Well, we haven't even left the EU yet. So technically we could still Not leave the EU, we probably will though since Cameron said he'd honour the referendum results.
...if you want levels of civil unrest not seen since the 17th Century, that is.
Reply 4
If we don't voluntarily leave, we will be pushed by the sounds of statements coming out of the EU.

Which is lovely.
Hey john Kerry here is some constructive advice why don't you **** off
John Kerry is an agent of Judea. Poor Americans don't realise their country is under foreign occupation. Is Britain any better? you can better they want Corbyn out and return to a Labour, like under Tony Blair their favourite sabbos goy.
Original post by 34908seikj
Well, we haven't even left the EU yet. So technically we could still Not leave the EU, we probably will though since Cameron said he'd honour the referendum results.

Then again he'll be gone in five seconds so it doesnt matter what he personally wishes to honour.
Of course there are ways, but at the moment highly unlikely to happen. Brexit was voted for and the vote to leave should be respected.

If a party stood in the future on the basis it wanted a referendum again and it was voted to rejoin then ofc we would try and do so. Its unlikely they would wnat us back, so things would have to change, but I wouldnt rule out a rejoining in the future. This is possible as many of the elderly brexiters will have died off by then and the young seem to be more in favour of the EU

Ut will also depend on how the UK fares economically and whether the brexit people deliver on their promises..
Reply 9
Original post by Mimir
If we don't voluntarily leave, we will be pushed by the sounds of statements coming out of the EU.

Which is lovely.

They have no power to push us out
Reply 10
Original post by difeo

True. But things can be made deeply unpleasant.
Original post by difeo

As long as you stick by the treates, then they cnat. Wasnt the whole point of brexit that you are fed up with being a member, so why would you want to stay or drag things out?
Reply 12
Original post by 999tigger
As long as you stick by the treates, then they cnat. Wasnt the whole point of brexit that you are fed up with being a member, so why would you want to stay or drag things out?

The general population are fed up with it, the MPs with the power aren't
Original post by difeo
The general population are fed up with it, the MPs with the power aren't

There is no indication that the MPs will not respect the referendum result and the PM wont Brexit.
Reply 14
Original post by 999tigger
There is no indication that the MPs will not respect the referendum result and the PM wont Brexit.

I didn't say there was
A lot of people are saying that the new PM won't invoke Article 50 because then they'd be the PM who split up the country (if NI and Scotland buggered off), but it would be even worse if they were the PM who deliberately went against the wishes of the people. I'm gutted Leave won, and I (selfishly) hope that it won't go ahead but going against what the people want would be an awful thing for MPs to do, even if it was better for the country in the long run.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending