The Student Room Group

Why are crazy cat people seen as "werid"?

I don't understand why some people think if they are crazy about cats they're "weird" and are going to be forever alone (They've got cats, they're not alone

Just because they love cats so much it doesn't make them "strange".

If you replace cats with a tv show, sports of a type of music would that person we considered "weird"?

Scroll to see replies

Maybe because cat people are seen as more of a catastrophe than others? :awesome:
Reply 2
It's probably because of the extreme cases that have been shown on tv documentaries and the like. People who only "like" animals aren't going to understand why people would want to live with 15/20+ cats in a small 2 bed apartment. People look at me weird when I say I have 4.. My friends up north have 9 and 2 dogs, it's lovely, always a cat when you need one!! As for the extreme cases of music, tv or sports.. They're just not as well known I suppose.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TheOtherSide.
Maybe because cat people are seen as more of a catastrophe than others? :awesome:
cat people are not weird. You should ask the crazy cat lady of TSR how she feels. You Know Who You Are. Cats are awesome. They're independent they go outside they leave the house and 99.99% of the time they're going to come back because they're smart enough to know where their dinner is going to be. They bury their own poop. Some of them even know how to use the toilet. Even if you didn't feed them chances are they will be able to catch their own dinner and eat it. Dogs will just almost starve to death. Dogs will lay down on the floor until some stupid human feeds them
Reply 4
If you're crazy anything, you're weird.
Reply 5
WERID indeed:smile::biggrin::colone:
Original post by emobambam
cat people are not weird. You should ask the crazy cat lady of TSR how she feels. You Know Who You Are. Cats are awesome. They're independent they go outside they leave the house and 99.99% of the time they're going to come back because they're smart enough to know where their dinner is going to be. They bury their own poop. Some of them even know how to use the toilet. Even if you didn't feed them chances are they will be able to catch their own dinner and eat it. Dogs will just almost starve to death. Dogs will lay down on the floor until some stupid human feeds them

:ninja:

Spoiler

Some cat people *are* weird, people attend cat shows definitely can be. Some just have dirty houses and don't seem to care of their appearance as cats have priority. :emog:
Original post by Drewski
If you're crazy anything, you're weird.

Total Posts 21,781! Crazy.
Reply 9
Original post by beeninetytwo
Some cat people *are* weird, people attend cat shows definitely can be. Some just have dirty houses and don't seem to care of their appearance as cats have priority. :emog:

I don't believe in cat shows, they're immortal.

Cats do come first, they're dependent on their daddies/mummies.

Just because you have a cat it doesn't mean your house will be dirty.
I'm sure the appearance thing is a stereotype.
Does having a human child in a house make the house dirty?
Original post by Crazycatguy

Daddies and mummies?
It is a cat for crying out loud, an animal.
It cannot communicate with you, it doesn't really do anything.
Remember cats are very adaptable, and can live in the wild, if food and water are available
Original post by beeninetytwo
are you saying that some cat people are dirty,crazy,don't care about the cleanliness of their house or ,don't care about their appearance.
Original post by Blue_Mason
Daddies and mummies?
It is a cat for crying out loud, an animal.
It cannot communicate with you, it doesn't really do anything.
Remember cats are very adaptable, and can live in the wild, if food and water are available

Yes, Mummies and Daddies. <3
To a lot of cat people our cats are our children. Some people can't have human children so furchildren are the closest thing they can have to human children. You wouldn't understand.
Just because my little girls can't talk to me it doesn't mean they can't show me that they love their Daddy. <3 Cats, like most other nonhuman animals do a lot.
I know that, I still love them! <3
(edited 7 years ago)
Because we are weird and very proud of that fact.

Got to go. Fluffy Destroyer of Worlds needs her ears scratched.
Original post by Quantex
Because we are weird and very proud of that fact.

Got to go. Fluffy Destroyer of Worlds needs her ears scratched.

Aw! ^_^ You're a good mummy/daddy! <3
Yes, Mummies and Daddies. <3
To a lot of cat people our cats are our children. Some people can't have human children so furchildren are the closest thing they can have to human children. You wouldn't understand.
Just because my little girls can't talk to me it doesn't mean they can't show me that they love their Daddy. <3 Cats, like most other nonhuman animals do a lot.
I know that, I still love them! <3

Lol cats have no loyalty, just give them food and shelter and they do what cats normally do, which is nothing.
At least dogs are more loyal, but with cats all they do is sleep and eat,they're boring animals.
Are you like that crazy cat lady from Simpsons? If you are... then totally not weird.*

Cats shows are immortal, yes. Never ending. Haven't ever been to one though, definitely not my thing. :fluffy:

I may have been answering your question wrong, or misread it somehow, sorry.

People make those assumptions in your OP because of the stereotypes within the cat world that definitely exist. The people whose many cats have the most priority in their lives - those houses really are filthy. The smells are almost unbearable. And the women are weird.:emog::emog:

No, having a cat will not mean your house is dirty. We have five cats and two human children. However, the house would be very, very dirty if we didn't have the space that we do and clean up properly/regularly.

Sorry for the misreading :girl:

Spoiler

Original post by emobambam
are you saying that some cat people are dirty,crazy,don't care about the cleanliness of their house or ,don't care about their appearance.

Some, yes. Definitely. It's bloody awful.
It's because there's loads of animals. With a TV show, it won't be following you around (although the ending of The Sopranos is still on my mind)

Quick Reply

Latest