The Student Room Group

WHsmith sales assistants

A thread for everyone who is working or has worked at WHsmith. Please share your experiences.
I work at WHSmith.

I'll be honest - pay is awful. It really sucks :frown:

But it isn't exactly hard work. I spend most of my time chatting to coworkers. There is the occasional bad customer and it can be boring sometimes but it's easy money really!

I work in one of the biggest ones in the UK so there are quite a lot of odd jobs if you have nothing to do.
Original post by antigone-
I work at WHSmith.

I'll be honest - pay is awful. It really sucks :frown:

But it isn't exactly hard work. I spend most of my time chatting to coworkers. There is the occasional bad customer and it can be boring sometimes but it's easy money really!

I work in one of the biggest ones in the UK so there are quite a lot of odd jobs if you have nothing to do.

it is isn't it?
i've only gotten two pays so far- both around the 200 pound mark. it's impossible to say how they calculate it and I can't even see my latest payslip on ceridian. on the two occasions I tried to email them about my pay they've been very rude. luckily my manager is okay and I have nice colleagues. i'm due my next pay on friday, let's hope they don't mess me around.
Original post by sherlockfan
it is isn't it?
i've only gotten two pays so far- both around the 200 pound mark. it's impossible to say how they calculate it and I can't even see my latest payslip on ceridian. on the two occasions I tried to email them about my pay they've been very rude. luckily my manager is okay and I have nice colleagues. i'm due my next pay on friday, let's hope they don't mess me around.

Same, although I'll hopefully get more this month because I did extra hours over xmas.

Can't wait to get some money!!
Bump
anyone else struggle with lifting the heavy bundles of newspapers at the end of the day?
Reply 6
Hey!

I've just been offered a job with them. I have my training on Monday and start the following week

:smile: *
Original post by lilGem
Hey!

I've just been offered a job with them. I have my training on Monday and start the following week

:smile: *

Good luck, whereabouts?
You'll get given **** loads of paperwork when you start but you don't have to read it all. I hope your working conditions are better than mine.
Reply 8
Original post by sherlockfan
Good luck, whereabouts?
You'll get given **** loads of paperwork when you start but you don't have to read it all. I hope your working conditions are better than mine.

In Winchester.

thank you, I'm slightly apprehensive about it :redface: *
Original post by lilGem
In Winchester.

thank you, I'm slightly apprehensive about it :redface: *

You'll probably make a few cock ups to begin with but try not to let it get the better of you. It's easy once you get started but reading those documents anyone you'd think you need a degree to be a cashier. You'll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending