The Student Room Group

Military going nuts in turkey, Bridges closed?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 140
Original post by TercioOfParma
Huge explosion in Ankara, plume of smoke

Spoiler

im telling you all these explosions are a sign of ww3.
This was done from skype, I hope they don't win.
So you are against the coup, may I ask why?
Like every other migrant lol

Genuinely made me lol :biggrin:.
Original post by The_Opinion
So you are against the coup, may I ask why?

I am pro coup, I meant that I am anti Erdogan, **** him.
https://twitter.com/Souria4Syrians/status/754066725776289793/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Turkish Army shot pro-Erdogan fanatic who ran at army positions screaming "Allahu Akbar"
This is what it feels like watching the news
Reply 146
Original post by Mathemagicien
No, WW3 won't start until November, when the Chinese invade Japan

It has already started my friend. This is the build up of it
Original post by george_c00per
Kind of thinking the same as well.. I know nothing might even happen but it will be very unstable and you never know what could occur.

My mum just said to me she dosent think we will be going to Turkey now. Brilliant news! Or is it... I'm not sure but I am slightly less worried now
Claims from Turkish sources on air that head of Turkish military has been killed and that the heads of the Turkish Air Force and Land Forces are behind the coup.
Erdogan apparently gave armed forces legal immunity two days ago.

Erdogan looks a bit better now and the explosion at the television station looks like he's trying to stage a fightback. But, the longer this goes on, the harder it is to turn around.
Erdogan: Gulen is behind this and we will not let him rule us from Pennsylvania
Apparently Germany has rejected Erdogan's asylum request. What a world we live in, Germany turning away migrants.
Original post by Grumpyteen
My mum just said to me she dosent think we will be going to Turkey now. Brilliant news! Or is it... I'm not sure but I am slightly less worried now

You might have dodged a bullet there.. my parents aren't home and they're not replying to my messages to them so I don't know about me yet! :s-smilie:
What does this mean? Is it martial law now in Turkey? Someone in Turkey tweeted they're not letting planes leave.
Police and people who are on streets are with Erdogan and/or anti-coup, army is attempting coup.
Original post by Ladymusiclover
What does this mean? Is it martial law now in Turkey? Someone in Turkey tweeted they're not letting planes leave.

Martial law declared by turkish army on national TV, but president and others are still out, and people have been called on to streets by Erdogan
Original post by Ladymusiclover

Yep
Now we know why the explosion happened, the media building has been levelled by helicopters

https://twitter.com/DEFCONWS/status/754072021613424640
Original post by Al-farhan
Yep

Not exactly, because military declared it but military coup is not successful yet
Original post by Mathemagicien
No, WW3 won't start until November, when the Chinese invade Japan

Is Kim Jong-Un getting in on the action as well?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending