The Student Room Group

Do unis give offers during the christmas holidays?

Its been a week and I've recieved no offers, whereas my friends who applied weeks ago got offers in a few days. Could the reason be that unis don't give offers during Christmas? ( I'm applying for EEE)
Original post by Vlone3213413312
Its been a week and I've recieved no offers, whereas my friends who applied weeks ago got offers in a few days. Could the reason be that unis don't give offers during Christmas? ( I'm applying for EEE)

Most universities are closed between Christmas and new year (sometimes with a day or two more either side).

On top of that lots of staff with children or family abroad will take time off before the closure dates so there won’t be as many staff working.

Make sure to check your junk/spam folders (and ideally change your email address on UCAS so it isn’t your school/colleagues email - their spam filters are stricter and the email accounts get closed)

Note also that unis have until May to send decisions.

If you're worrying about it after a week then you're just going to burn yourself out when inevitably some of them don't send offers until much later in the application cycle...
Reply 3
And also, given the tidal wave of applications that arrive in January, many people will now not get offers etc for months.
If you keep endlessly checking your phone, you'll go nuts.
Reply 4

A lot of unis are completely closed around 23rd till 1st Jan. Though its not impossible, i happened to get my 1st one today

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending