The Student Room Group

NEED ADVICE ASAP : Pizza Hut Job Interview

I just got a call and was asked to go to a job interview TOMORROW! I'm so nervous, I've never had a job interview before. The thing is, I applied for "back of house team" so I'll basically be in the kitchen making the pizzas. I'm 17 and have never previously been in employment let alone had a job with kitchen experience (I have done volunteering and work experience though, just nothing to do with working with food) . I was just wondering if they would expect me to have experience working with food or would just be happy to train me, a clueless 17 year old?
i think to make pizza you obviously dont need to be of a brain surgeons intelligence so just say how your previous experience has helped you and why it makes you suitable for that job - say youve worked in teams and individually, diligently and enthusiastically and can take your own initiative to get things done. just say the right stuff like that and just say whatever you dont know you learn quickly
Original post by JNDSAN
i think to make pizza you obviously dont need to be of a brain surgeons intelligence so just say how your previous experience has helped you and why it makes you suitable for that job - say youve worked in teams and individually, diligently and enthusiastically and can take your own initiative to get things done. just say the right stuff like that and just say whatever you dont know you learn quickly

Okay, thanks so much :biggrin:!
They invited you for interview. That means they think you have potential for the job.
You should have read up a bit of info from their website to know about the company.
They are interested in skills, so expect the basic questions about why them and what will make you good at the job.

Dont be shy, but be clear about what those skills are.

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Interview/Pizza-Hut-Team-Member-Interview-Questions-EI_IE10090.0,9_KO10,21.htm
Reply 4
It will be a piece of piss:

Look clean and presentable
Browse their website
Learn a bit about the history of pizzas
Say working for Pizza Hut is your life long ambition
Have some cock and bull tale of providing good service under pressure

Even without these things you're probably be in but with them you'll certainly be a branch manager in 6 months.
Original post by Zarek
It will be a piece of piss:

Look clean and presentable
Browse their website
Learn a bit about the history of pizzas
Say working for Pizza Hut is your life long ambition
Have some cock and bull tale of providing good service under pressure

Even without these things you're probably be in but with them you'll certainly be a branch manager in 6 months.

LOOOL oh my god :ahee: thanks for the advice hahahaa !
Original post by 999tigger
They invited you for interview. That means they think you have potential for the job.
You should have read up a bit of info from their website to know about the company.
They are interested in skills, so expect the basic questions about why them and what will make you good at the job.

Dont be shy, but be clear about what those skills are.

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Interview/Pizza-Hut-Team-Member-Interview-Questions-EI_IE10090.0,9_KO10,21.htm

Thank you !! :h:
Damn i couldn't even get a job at Next shifting some boxes.
Original post by samirahbegum
Thank you !! :h:

If you read that link theres plenty of info.
I assume its a restuarant. uts a good idea to know about pizza hut and their product.

Skills like being well organised, delivering good service, team player, methodical problem solver, any experience with food. Smile and be a bit enthusiastic and am sure it will be fine. If you say you have a skill try and back it up with an example.
Original post by junayd1998
Damn i couldn't even get a job at Next shifting some boxes.

That's rough buddy :/
That's rough buddy :/

lmao.
Original post by 999tigger
If you read that link theres plenty of info.
I assume its a restuarant. uts a good idea to know about pizza hut and their product.

Skills like being well organised, delivering good service, team player, methodical problem solver, any experience with food. Smile and be a bit enthusiastic and am sure it will be fine. If you say you have a skill try and back it up with an example.

Okay, thanks for all the advice it means a lot! I was freaking out earlier because I was so nervous :afraid: but I think I'm good now:biggrin:
lmao.

Hahaa:biggrin: in all honestly though, keep job hunting because a LOT of places will be wanted extra people during the summer holidays!
Hahaa:biggrin: in all honestly though, keep job hunting because a LOT of places will be wanted extra people during the summer holidays!

loool. True but then again if i can't move boxes I don't think I have a chance of anything else. lmao.
loool. True but then again if i can't move boxes I don't think I have a chance of anything else. lmao.

LOOL if working in retail didn't work out for you, simply try applying to different kinds of jobs, preferably ones that don't require heavy lifting xD
LOOL if working in retail didn't work out for you, simply try applying to different kinds of jobs, preferably ones that don't require heavy lifting xD

Okayyy loool

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending