The Student Room Group

I still can't find a job. What do I do

It's been a month of trying to search for a job, applying to 40+ jobs, not hearing back from half of them still and being rejected by the other half before even being interviewed. I need money if I'm to do anything with my holiday, yet I can't find one. The same advice I'm given over and over (use Indeed, go in person with a CV) is of no use. What can I do to make some money?
Reply 1
Have you looked at signing up with a recruitment agency? They may be able to get you various part time jobs during your holiday period.
Reply 2
Educate yourself more, the more skills you can add to your CV the better your chances in life, after getting a city and guilds in electrical installations I've found myself considerably more employable to where I'm currently about to start a new job in electrical maintenance at 21k which is about twice what I earned delivering pizzas and working in garden centres on minimum wage.

Taking into account that the education only cost me time and effort of going back to college, I think it's been a good investment. If you're more of an IT guy or plumber, get educated in that. Your call!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending