The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

accommodation for masters!

Hiya, I have been accepted into aston to do forensic linguistics. I have been looking at halls etc. I did my undergrad in NI so this would be my first time living in Birmingham and I don't know much other than what I can see in forums online (which are slightly outdated). Can anyone tell me does many masters students stay in halls? Or which halls is the best to stay in, especially value for money etc. I would really appreciate if anyone has any insights. :smile:
Reply 1
lakeside
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website
Original post by trina93
Hiya, I have been accepted into aston to do forensic linguistics. I have been looking at halls etc. I did my undergrad in NI so this would be my first time living in Birmingham and I don't know much other than what I can see in forums online (which are slightly outdated). Can anyone tell me does many masters students stay in halls? Or which halls is the best to stay in, especially value for money etc. I would really appreciate if anyone has any insights. :smile:

Hi a good number of our masters students live on campus, we have several flats allocated solely to postgraduate study. That way you will be living of people of a similar age and things may not be as lively as they are in an undergraduate flat.

Our most affordable accommodation is lakeside, however every room is still en-suite and comes with high speed internet and plenty of storage space.

More information is available at www.aston.ac.uk/asv

Any questions just give me a shout.

Josh :smile:
Reply 3
I'm a postgrad at Aston too but I'm commuting, would be nice to meet up if you want to! :smile:
Reply 4
Hi, I have also just been accepted into Aston to do Forensic Linguistics. It would be nice if we could get in touch.
Reply 5
Original post by Aston University
Hi a good number of our masters students live on campus, we have several flats allocated solely to postgraduate study. That way you will be living of people of a similar age and things may not be as lively as they are in an undergraduate flat.

Our most affordable accommodation is lakeside, however every room is still en-suite and comes with high speed internet and plenty of storage space.

More information is available at www.aston.ac.uk/asv

Any questions just give me a shout.

Josh :smile:

How do we apply for the postgraduate only flats? Also how many rooms are there in a flat in Lakeside?
Original post by Nic130
How do we apply for the postgraduate only flats? Also how many rooms are there in a flat in Lakeside?

Hi,

Unfortunately the deadline for a guaranteed place has just passed (Deposits should be paid by July 31st)*

However a number of rooms may become available pending results, so you are still able to register for a waiting list spot here.*

In regards to Postgraduate accommodation 99% of the flats are postgraduate only. With a small number of mixed study level flats due to extreme demand in previous years.

Typically Lakeside has a smaller number of rooms 8-10 depending on which floor you're on.

Hope that helps

Josh *
Hi, I've just got accommodation offer
it says Lakeside Lower Blk K
anyone know it's on which floor?

thanks
Reply 8
Original post by Nic130
Hi, I have also just been accepted into Aston to do Forensic Linguistics. It would be nice if we could get in touch.

Awesome, are you doing the postgraduate study as well?
Reply 9
Hi, I have offcampus accommodation available which is a 10 minute walk from Aston. It's called Aston Brook green. Owned by Aston uni and it is £55 a week rent with £6 bills.

Message me if you're interested
Original post by Blinkadooo
Hi, I've just got accommodation offer
it says Lakeside Lower Blk K
anyone know it's on which floor?

thanks

I'm in upper block K so I assume that there are just 2 floors for our accommodation :smile:
I'm also studying Forensic Linguistics by the way

Quick Reply

Latest