The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by shawn_o1
The fact that it took so long or?

just the fact we keep signing kids to put in our u21s when our first team is in dire need of upgrades.

these kids never make it anyway, they get shipped around on loan, then released like Wellington Silva, Galindo and Park Chu-Young, and so many others.

Last year was the same pissing around signing the likes of Jeff and Fortune. When is he going to stop building for the future and look at the present ffs.

Released Harry Kane aswell smh. Some eye for spotting talent in youngsters that is.
Original post by swirly
just the fact we keep signing kids to put in our u21s when our first team is in dire need of upgrades.

these kids never make it anyway, they get shipped around on loan, then released like Wellington Silva, Galindo and Park Chu-Young, and so many others.

Last year was the same pissing around signing the likes of Jeff and Fortune. When is he going to stop building for the future and look at the present ffs.

Released Harry Kane aswell smh. Some eye for spotting talent in youngsters that is.

Signing youth and signing first team players are independent of one another

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sanogo will bang in 3-5 goals this season tho. Memes will be mad.
Original post by drandy76
Signing youth and signing first team players are independent of one another

Posted from TSR Mobile

dbi
Original post by swirly
dbi

Not sure what that means

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by drandy76
Not sure what that means

Posted from TSR Mobile

dbi
Park Chu Young was 27 when he signed? either way was a waste of money
Original post by shawn_o1
Park Chu Young was 27 when he signed? either way was a waste of money

dfbi
I wonder why Ramsay is involved tomorrow and Ozil Koscielny and Giroud not?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I completely forgot about Park Chu Young

No transfer ever sums up "panic buy" more than that.
Original post by sr90
I completely forgot about Park Chu Young

No transfer ever sums up "panic buy" more than that.

We panicked right to the cash machine.
Original post by ClockEnderAFC
I wonder why Ramsay is involved tomorrow and Ozil Koscielny and Giroud not?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

One didn't play in the semis. Take a ****ing guess who it was.
Original post by atom y humber

They all played in the semi's.

EDIT: My bad. Completely forgot he was suspended.
Original post by atom y humber

mirin sass
Asano scores and is now trending in Twitter in Nigeria....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone else not really convinced by Lacazette even if we sign him? He doesn't seem that good.
Also, I think the Mustafi signing is absolutely critical not just because Mertesacker is injured. Koscielny cannot be relied upon every single time, we really need to get him a good partner. Gabriel could be great, he could be rubbish, he needs more time.

Holding, Chambers, Bielik are the prospects. I am most excited about Bielik to be honest, his passing range is really impressive for a young guy, Wenger wants him to play CB.

Re Mertesacker, I think he has ****ed up many times over the years, and Wenger's problem is too much faith in a player. It is nothing to do with tactics imho, I just think Mertesacker has been a liability because of his lack of pace and Wenger's rep has taken a hit because of that faith. You look at our defence and he is a clear weak link. If you get a competent CB next to Koscielny we look really good in defense. Of course, that is supposing our first team defense keeps fit and we don't need to play Gabriel for big games away at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford.
Original post by James.Carnell
Anyone else not really convinced by Lacazette even if we sign him? He doesn't seem that good.

I'm not either, as I have stated on this sub in the past. But the window ends in a month and he's arguably the best available, so it's worth the risk imo
People need to put some respeck on Campbell's name ffs
Joel is staking a claim.

Latest