The Student Room Group

The fibs your teacher told you in school [golden thread]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fox Corner
Heads down thumbs up - what an amazing game though. Those were the days...

Trust lol 😂
Head of UCAS was reading my PS and said there wasn't enough extra curricular activities for Oxford. Mock interview - deputy head asked no chemistry questions and insisted Oxford would ask general questions about how I would contribute to the college O.O
The biggest fib I was ever told was that the fleshy bit between thumb and index finger was where our wings once sprouted from when we were pterodactyls because they're what we evolved from :K: Primary teachers are weird.

But on behalf of the teaching profession: sorry guys. We'll do what we have to to get you to work. My year 11s are still waiting for the Freddos I promised them at the start of the year :shh:

And the difference between GCSE and A level explanations kills us. We hate doing it but it'd break your brains if we didn't! The worst thing I have to do is teach it the way the exam board explains things rather than how stuff actually works. Bleurgh!
(edited 7 years ago)
Cant be asked to use brain to remmember here for the Ipad
Original post by ParadoxSocks

But on behalf of the teaching profession: sorry guys. We'll do what we have to to get you to work. My year 11s are still waiting for the Freddos I promised them at the start of the year :shh:

You're one of them!! :shock:
that one kid who cracked they skull when they leaned back
Reply 146
Original post by IKEAPanda37
"This dude got 20 A*s in his GCSE's and 7 A*s in his A-levels but was rejected from Oxford because he didn't do any extra-curricular stuff" - assembly at start of Year 12, so you need to do loads of extra stuff

-"We don't care about extra-curricular activities" - teacher at Oxford

:rolleyes:

actually thats true, he went to stanford instead
Original post by Fox Corner
You're one of them!! :shock:

*evil cackle*
When they tell you to stop rocking on your chair because "they knew someone who cracked their head open doing it"
That if i got an A in geography i would get a twirl :frown:
"Everyone is getting a tablet next year"

And if you say you can't see she would reply "open your eyes"
In primary school, we got told that you mustn't start a sentence with 'because'. GCSE level teacher: "Try mixing up your sentence starters; for example, start with the connective 'because'. Student: "But Sir, in primary school we got told you can't start a sentence with 'because'. Teacher: "Well, they were lying". :biggrin:
(edited 7 years ago)
"You'll have plenty of time to do other things..."
"You don't have to be studying 24/7"
"you'll get prizes for doing your homework"
I remember that one time the teacher forgot she said that... I can still remember how offended I was :'/ (usually that teacher gives out prizes for the best homeworks)

or that one time the teacher made us do a whole 5 pages research on kenya AND DIDN'T EVEN COLLECT IT (he said we would get in trouble otherwise. I wasted so much time)
"you'll get prizes for doing your homework"I remember that one time the teacher forgot she said that... I can still remember how offended I was :'/ (usually that teacher gives out prizes for the best homeworks)or that one time the teacher made us do a whole 5 pages research on kenya AND DIDN'T EVEN COLLECT IT (he said we would get in trouble otherwise. I wasted so much time)
Original post by nin-kaii
"you'll get prizes for doing your homework"
I remember that one time the teacher forgot she said that... I can still remember how offended I was :'/ (usually that teacher gives out prizes for the best homeworks)

or that one time the teacher made us do a whole 5 pages research on kenya AND DIDN'T EVEN COLLECT IT (he said we would get in trouble otherwise. I wasted so much time)

Omg, omg, omg. I can completely relate with the frustration of handing in something you've spent hours on and not even having any feedback from your teacher. It's the WORST feeling ever. Yet, don't you find, other people seem to not bother about having it handed it back to them, even if it's been like 2 months? I suppose that says how much time they put into it (ie zero).

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ParadoxSocks
The biggest fib I was ever told was that the fleshy bit between thumb and index finger was where our wings once sprouted from when we were pterodactyls because they're what we evolved from :K: Primary teachers are weird.

And the difference between GCSE and A level explanations kills us. We hate doing it but it'd break your brains if we didn't! The worst thing I have to do is teach it the way the exam board explains things rather than how stuff actually works. Bleurgh!

Teachers always promise sweets but never deliver or they say things like if you win you get a prize and then the prize ends up being ' the pride of winning '
Back in year 9 my English teacher didn't mark our books because he had tonnes of ' year 11 mark to work ' and then when we're in year 11 he didn't mark our books because he had tonnes of ' year 13 mark to work ' ..... He also taught me film studies GCSE and didn't mark our books for 6 months and also one time he was like ' oh sorry but I left your books on my kitchen table ' ....
Original post by fefssdf
Back in year 9 my English teacher didn't mark our books because he had tonnes of ' year 11 mark to work ' and then when we're in year 11 he didn't mark our books because he had tonnes of ' year 13 mark to work ' ..... He also taught me film studies GCSE and didn't mark our books for 6 months and also one time he was like ' oh sorry but I left your books on my kitchen table ' ....

Just reading that made my blood boil

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 159
Every teacher told us the story of how a pupil rocking on their chair fell backwards and broke their head… funny we never got a name and they never went to our school lol

Quick Reply

Latest