The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Dier? Really son. You deliberately misspelt that right?
Can confirm pun was intended.
It's impossible to assess what a person's inherent feelings are but Pogba seems happy about being back, bordering on not being able to believe that he's back for a world-record. But sure as hell an odd time to announce it (maybe for the foreign markets), but not as late as Falcao's arrival in 2014 which was around half 1 IIRC.

Mourinho more than happy to use this opportunity to have a dig at Klopp/Wenger although it seems he knows historically who our rivals hence the jab at Liverpool's manager which curries support with the fans but Klopp was someone he got on OK with but all focus should be on Pogba. United have broken the British transfer record many times but to break the world record, that frankly deserves all the hype, marketing and publicity push as it can get. Just missing the OT unveiling for Pogba...
Doubt Pogba will play the game against Bournemouth (might get a few minutes). His second debut at Old Trafford will be special.

Expecting the crowd to go wild when they see him.
Original post by Rk2k14
Doubt Pogba will play the game against Bournemouth (might get a few minutes). His second debut at Old Trafford will be special.

Expecting the crowd to go wild when they see him.

Imagine he comes back and walks out like the Rock did in 2011 :moon:

would be lit af.

one can dream:redface:
Original post by swirly
Imagine he comes back and walks out like the Rock did in 2011 :moon:

would be lit af.

one can dream:redface:

That was a GOAT moment
Original post by Rk2k14
That was a GOAT moment

In general, I'm all for the Premier League to follow a bit of the WWE model, and turn a bit pantomime. I feel as if the entertainment is pretty much on the pitch, but they should introduce the dramatisation of storylines (e.g. Pep vs Mou, Mou vs Wenger, when Sterling scores the winning 90th minute vs Liverpool etc.), which teams are face (Leicester, Southampton, West Ham) and which are heel (City, Chelsea, Stoke) to enhance the immersion and entertainment.
Madrid building a strong squad

2020. Madrid come in with a £250million bid for Pogba, Martial and De Gea.
How does it feel having to completely change your opinions on Mourinho in such a short space of time?
Original post by Jimmy Seville
How does it feel having to completely change your opinions on Mourinho in such a short space of time?

How does it feel having to completely change your opinions on deleting your account in such a short space of time?
Tbh everytime he posts from now on he has already rekt himself
So Juve are paying Raiola's fee and have to pay for Pogba's house.

Woodward deserves a medal.
Original post by Manchester United
Barcelona have fooled people into thinking CB's don't need to defend. Pep is a fraud when it comes to defensive play, he doesn't understand the first thing about it. In the last three seasons he has played a ridiculous high-line in the CL against Real, Barca and Atletico; the three best counter-attacking teams in the world, and he has paid the price. Except no pundit, fan or journalist wants to call him out on it.

To say he's a defensive fraud is silly, considering LITERALLY every season in management he's had, he's conceded the fewest goals in the league. Pep probably should have won the CL, but claiming he knows nothing about defence because he lost to two winners and a finalist is hyperbolic.

So far he has has had a free-ride by having either GOAT players or just buying the oppositions players.

I've mentioned this enough times, but Google the Barca squad and position in 07/08 and 08/09 and this is easily disproved.

In the Premiership he will get found out; the fast pace and intensity will mean teams like Leicester will just pump the ball up pitch and Vardy and Musa will expose the space left by their 'attacking full-backs' and their two fragile 'ball-playing' CBs.

I doubt it but we'll see

Stones is a fitting signing as he encapsulates the fraudness of Pep and more generally, the club. He has no positional awareness and poor reading of the game, except he does know how to pass a ball 25 yards and he can also piss about with it at the edge of his box. He was part of one of the worst defences in the league last year and he will get found out again this year.

He has a lot of raw attributes to be a good defender and if coached right could be very good. Everton's poor defence is down to Martinez and Howard more than anything.

Quote me on the lot.

I will
Original post by Louis.
How does it feel having to completely change your opinions on deleting your account in such a short space of time?

Absolutely obsessed with me m8

Mods will do that before I do tbf
^you did have a mare though pal
Januzaj is ‘furious‘ at what he perceives is poor treatment from the club and, now that he no longer trains with the first team, he refuses to even change with the reserves.According to reports, the Belgium international has been left ‘humiliated’ by his treatment, and he feels he deserves more respect.Januzaj is also unhappy he was not consulted about Anthony Martial being handed the No 11 shirt he inherited from Ryan Giggs, with Martial’s previous No 9 shirt going to Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

If I was in charge he'd be first out the door,fair enough not being notified about the shirt number but refusing to change with reserves and "deserving more respect" is just disrepectful when he's done nothing...
Januzaj's attitude has been questioned by 3 different coaches. Not as good as he thinks he is.

Think he let that 13/14 season go to his head.

Latest