The Student Room Group

Clint Eastwood Slams ‘Pussy Generation’.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by nemomeimpunit1
Only allow people who have created genuine businesses to serve as senators, mp's etc.

So you want a system where only businessmen and rich people are able to get into politics, making politics even less representative of the public than it already is? What an absolutely terrible idea.
I agree that people get offended too easily nowadays, it is a generation of 'pussies'.
But I hate Trump, he's evil.
Original post by RF_PineMarten
So you want a system where only businessmen and rich people are able to get into politics, making politics even less representative of the public than it already is? What an absolutely terrible idea.

I'm trying to take away the money influence from politics but maybe that is not the best way to achieve that.
Original post by Petrifiedcat
I agree that people get offended too easily nowadays, it is a generation of 'pussies'.

So what is Hillary, the woman who supported a list of wars resulting in the deaths of millions?
Original post by Robby2312
He does seem like a racist to be fair.However I think people should be allowed to say whatever they want short of inciting violence.If you begin to control what people can and cant say then how long is it until you're not allowed to even think certain things.Its totalitarian.

If you control what people say, you already control what they think.

When we hear a word thoughts are produced. If we hear the word,"party", we see all manner of images of what we define as a party. If your told the word "party" is no longer acceptable and it falls from your vocabulary, along with words that had a similar meaning and produced similar images, it won't be long before you don;t have images of "partying".

Or you can do what has been very successful for the left and just change the meaning. In the last 30-40 yrs. the meaning of the words and phrases," human rights, basic needs, equality, justice, and many others have had their meanings broadened to the point where people who speak the same language have completely different meanings for them.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Trapz99
People are too scared to say what they think because they're scared of offending people with their views and concerns. Trump isn't scared to say things that might offend a few people.

'A few'?

Being politically incorrect should be more than alright as long as what one's saying is based in facts.

However, being impolite should essentially never be alright, at least when it comes to one who is running for president in an ethnically and culturally diverse nation.

Surely politeness is nothing but a good thing as long as it doesn't get in the way of objective truth and facts?
Original post by Caius Filimon
'A few'?

Being politically incorrect should be more than alright as long as what one's saying is based in facts.

However, being impolite should essentially never be alright, at least when it comes to one who is running for president in an ethnically and culturally diverse nation.

Surely politeness is nothing but a good thing as long as it doesn't get in the way of objective truth and facts?

Impolite? Can you think of a more subjective term? So many cultures in the U.S. Each one with a different definition of what offensive is. If not wanting to appear impolite plays a major role in shaping what you say your words will be so watered down how could you ever affect any meaningful change?

Take Trumps proposed wall to help stem the tide of illegal immigrants on the southern border. This isn't a new idea and a country wanting to have control over who enters it is not exactly a revolutionary idea either.
People from all over the world cross there and we shouldn't have any idea of who they are because it would be impolite to ask?? If your against a border wall that's exactly what your saying.
New Mexico is a southern state that has had to absorb many of the 11 million illegals who now are "permanent residents". Even if New Mexico is not their final destination, the state is expected to feed and house them and provide medical care. If they are children without an adult they have to do this for an indefinant
period. There's only 2 million people in the state. Their public services are kind of stretched.
Original post by oldercon1953
Impolite? Can you think of a more subjective term? So many cultures in the U.S. Each one with a different definition of what offensive is. If not wanting to appear impolite plays a major role in shaping what you say your words will be so watered down how could you ever affect any meaningful change?

Take Trumps proposed wall to help stem the tide of illegal immigrants on the southern border. This isn't a new idea and a country wanting to have control over who enters it is not exactly a revolutionary idea either.
People from all over the world cross there and we shouldn't have any idea of who they are because it would be impolite to ask?? If your against a border wall that's exactly what your saying.
New Mexico is a southern state that has had to absorb many of the 11 million illegals who now are "permanent residents". Even if New Mexico is not their final destination, the state is expected to feed and house them and provide medical care. If they are children without an adult they have to do this for an indefinant
period. There's only 2 million people in the state. Their public services are kind of stretched.

And you clearly read 10% of what I wrote and decided to write a mini-wall in reply.

One of the many imbecilic things he has said:

Donald Trump on Megyn Kelly: "There Was Blood Coming Out of Her Wherever"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M28z9y4yT6Y

If you think that's just not being politically correct, then you have a warped view of the two words.

Political correctness: pointing out the fact that rapes have increased in Sweden with the arrival of refugees and economic immigrants and that fact being ignored because of it being 'racist' which is complete imbecility. It's not racist, but fact.

Politeness: as a prez candidate, not calling someone out as being on her period because of disagreeing with her; he wasn't even under significant pressure when he said that.

Or him saying that most Mexican immigrants to the US are rapists and drug dealers. That's not ignoring political correctness; that's being factually incorrect.

http://immigrationpolicy.org/special-reports/criminalization-immigration-united-states

http://www.forbes.com/sites/doliaestevez/2015/09/03/debunking-donald-trumps-five-extreme-statements-about-immigrants-and-mexico/#2ee392457076

Thus, spreading ethnic hate for no reason. Nevermind the mindless religious hate he's spreading (the sort without a scope; besides only attacking Islam instead of attacking what's written in the Bibles as well).

That's not to say it would be an easy vote in between Trump and Hillary; if anything, better Trump as he'll just be opposed by the senate at every turn. Better that than whatever Hillary has in store.

But really people, learn the difference in between political correctness and politeness, please.
Original post by Dodgypirate
http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/clint-eastwood-slams-py-generation-asks-people-get-over-donald-trumps-dumb-comments-1574187

"He's (Trump) onto something, because secretly everybody's getting tired of political correctness, kissing up," Eastwood told the magazine about the Republican presidential candidate before he went on to reflect on the state of the current generation."That's the kiss-ass generation we're in right now. We're really in a p***y generation. Everybody's walking on eggshells," he added.

Clint's right.

I completely agree with him. One of the principle reasons people are supporting Trump is because he does not hold back and speaks his mind. He does not care if he offends. Our generation has made this world and overly sensitive place where feelings matter more than facts.
And you clearly read 10% of what I wrote and decided to write a mini-wall in reply.

One of the many imbecilic things he has said:

Donald Trump on Megyn Kelly: "There Was Blood Coming Out of Her Wherever"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M28z9y4yT6Y

If you think that's just not being politically correct, then you have a warped view of the two words.

Political correctness: pointing out the fact that rapes have increased in Sweden with the arrival of refugees and economic immigrants and that fact being ignored because of it being 'racist' which is complete imbecility. It's not racist, but fact.

Politeness: as a prez candidate, not calling someone out as being on her period because of disagreeing with her; he wasn't even under significant pressure when he said that.

Or him saying that most Mexican immigrants to the US are rapists and drug dealers. That's not ignoring political correctness; that's being factually incorrect.

http://immigrationpolicy.org/special-reports/criminalization-immigration-united-states

http://www.forbes.com/sites/doliaestevez/2015/09/03/debunking-donald-trumps-five-extreme-statements-about-immigrants-and-mexico/#2ee392457076

Thus, spreading ethnic hate for no reason. Nevermind the mindless religious hate he's spreading (the sort without a scope; besides only attacking Islam instead of attacking what's written in the Bibles as well).

That's not to say it would be an easy vote in between Trump and Hillary; if anything, better Trump as he'll just be opposed by the senate at every turn. Better that than whatever Hillary has in store.

But really people, learn the difference in between political correctness and politeness, please.

Trump didn't say they were all rapists. Why does everyone misquote him?
He said " Mexico is not sending us their best. Many are murderers and rapists"
He's right.. Many of the women coming across are raped by men in the group and since large sums of money are involved it's not unusual to find people robbed and murdered in the desert.

what you said about Trump spreading religious hatred because he didn't attack other religions was, at best, odd. Apparently he only has a beef with the ones that are trying to blow us up. I suppose he could have commented on the inadequate air conditioning you find in most churches but that probably wasn't the best time to bring that up.

As for what he said about the female news anchor. Of the dozen or so ways there are to say what he did, he chose the crudest and he did it on T.V.. I wouldn't have said it but I'm not Trump. He's use to saying whatever comes into his mind. Many people make these same kinds of jokes at home. I'm really glad that someone running for President has the balls to say it on T.V.. I hope he doesn't get meeley-mouthed when he takes office.

As for the Senate blocking him at every turn. If he's elected it will be for the sole reason to shake things up. Nothing else. If Congress stops him for no good reason I doubt those that participate would be re-elected.

I just looked at the links provided, The violent crime rate has been declining in the U.S. for 30 years. It has nothing to do with immigrants being less violent.
Of course there would be less immigrants in jail because many of them are deported after conviction.
(edited 7 years ago)
Trump didn't say they were all rapists. Why does everyone misquote him?
He said " Mexico is not sending us their best. Many are murderers and rapists"
He's right.. Many of the women coming across are raped by men in the group and since large sums of money are involved it's not unusual to find people robbed and murdered in the desert.

what you said about Trump spreading religious hatred because he didn't attack other religions was, at best, odd. Apparently he only has a beef with the ones that are trying to blow us up. I suppose he could have commented on the inadequate air conditioning you find in most churches but that probably wasn't the best time to bring that up.

As for what he said about the female news anchor. Of the dozen or so ways there are to say what he did, he chose the crudest and he did it on T.V.. I wouldn't have said it but I'm not Trump. He's use to saying whatever comes into his mind. Many people make these same kinds of jokes at home. I'm really glad that someone running for President has the balls to say it on T.V.. I hope he doesn't get meeley-mouthed when he takes office.

As for the Senate blocking him at every turn. If he's elected it will be for the sole reason to shake things up. Nothing else. If Congress stops him for no good reason I doubt those that participate would be re-elected.

The purpose of my comment, which you seem to have missed again, was to say that you jumped the boat.

I made a difference in between not being socially incapable (politeness) (Trump) and ignoring serious issues based in facts (political correctness) (politicians in Sweden)

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists, and some, I assume, are good people."

'... and some, I assume, are good people'

Emphasis on: 'SOME'

Do I really have to break down his sentence structure for you? Some people being good, means that the considerable majority are bad; in the context being bad by being drug dealers and rapists.

Fun quotes of Trump's:

"He's not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured."

"If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?"

"Look at that face. Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that? The face of our next president? I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not supposed to say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?"

"Ariana Huffington is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man he made a good decision."

That's a lack of politeness, and perhaps a sign of some level of retardation.

Now, what is political correctness, is this: ignoring the issue of HUNDREDS OF WOMEN being raped by immigrants, because it would be 'RACIST' to do anything about it.

And even when it comes to ignoring political correctness, politeness should still be part of it. I.e.: These immigrant/refugee scum are a plight on our nation! Let us end this rape issue once and for all!

There are far better ways to word it and get the point across just as clearly.
The purpose of my comment, which you seem to have missed again, was to say that you jumped the boat.

I made a difference in between not being socially incapable (politeness) (Trump) and ignoring serious issues based in facts (political correctness) (politicians in Sweden)

"When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs, they're bringing crime, they're rapists, and some, I assume, are good people."

'... and some, I assume, are good people'

Emphasis on: 'SOME'

Do I really have to break down his sentence structure for you? Some people being good, means that the considerable majority are bad; in the context being bad by being drug dealers and rapists.

Fun quotes of Trump's:

"He's not a war hero. He was a war hero because he was captured. I like people who weren't captured."

"If Hillary Clinton can't satisfy her husband what makes her think she can satisfy America?"

"Look at that face. Would anyone vote for that? Can you imagine that? The face of our next president? I mean, she's a woman, and I'm not supposed to say bad things, but really, folks, come on. Are we serious?"

"Ariana Huffington is unattractive both inside and out. I fully understand why her former husband left her for a man he made a good decision."

That's a lack of politeness, and perhaps a sign of some level of retardation.

Now, what is political correctness, is this: ignoring the issue of HUNDREDS OF WOMEN being raped by immigrants, because it would be 'RACIST' to do anything about it.

And even when it comes to ignoring political correctness, politeness should still be part of it. I.e.: These immigrant/refugee scum are a plight on our nation! Let us end this rape issue once and for all!

There are far better ways to word it and get the point across just as clearly.

You've narrowed down the definition of political correctness to a point where it's difficult to see how much it has affected our thinking. A good example would be Pres. obama's latest decree that kids in k-12 schools can use the restroom that they identify themselves with. If a 7yr. old boy identifies himself as a girl he can use the girls restroom. The political correctness comes into it when you look at the peoples reaction to such blatant nonsense. There was almost no reaction until some governor, don't remember where, shook the fog from his eyes and saw what this decree would allow. Pres. obama used words like, "gender equality", "freedom", "choice", when he sold his idea to the American people and who could be against those words.
You've narrowed down the definition of political correctness to a point where it's difficult to see how much it has affected our thinking. A good example would be Pres. obama's latest decree that kids in k-12 schools can use the restroom that they identify themselves with. If a 7yr. old boy identifies himself as a girl he can use the girls restroom. The political correctness comes into it when you look at the peoples reaction to such blatant nonsense. There was almost no reaction until some governor, don't remember where, shook the fog from his eyes and saw what this decree would allow. Pres. obama used words like, "gender equality", "freedom", "choice", when he sold his idea to the American people and who could be against those words.

There should be a clear difference in between political correctness and politeness.

It's still a curiosity that you thought Trump was not an impolite person but just politically correct, but oh well. Also, please have a proper look through his quotes and what he actually says; don't just always give him an overwhelming amount of the benefit of the doubt and skim read whatever he says. Blind belief is not something anyone should ever have

I don't know enough on that topic as I haven't seen or read papers on the issue; it would be politically correct (and morally wrong and foolish) for Obama to have done that if it turns out that such legislation would be detrimental to society in 'objective' ways (i.e. boys/men abusing such a law, 'confusing' children, etc, rather than helping those with gender issues). An example of such imbecilic political correctness being, again, Sweden and the suppression of papers on the sizable negatives of refugees in the country (which, allow me to point out, is in part due to government mismanagement).
There should be a clear difference in between political correctness and politeness.

It's still a curiosity that you thought Trump was not an impolite person but just politically correct, but oh well. Also, please have a proper look through his quotes and what he actually says; don't just always give him an overwhelming amount of the benefit of the doubt and skim read whatever he says. Blind belief is not something anyone should ever have

I don't know enough on that topic as I haven't seen or read papers on the issue; it would be politically correct (and morally wrong and foolish) for Obama to have done that if it turns out that such legislation would be detrimental to society in 'objective' ways (i.e. boys/men abusing such a law, 'confusing' children, etc, rather than helping those with gender issues). An example of such imbecilic political correctness being, again, Sweden and the suppression of papers on the sizable negatives of refugees in the country (which, allow me to point out, is in part due to government mismanagement).

Trump was indeed impolite and I never would have said such things in public.
But, I'm not Trump. If you think a person is fit for a particular job because of his personality you better be willing to accept all the "quirks" that sort of personality brings with it. I feel Trump is exactly what U.S. politics needs right now in so many ways. Any speech that attempts to break the mold of political correctness that has shaped the speech of public speakers for the last 30 yrs. is going to sound offensive to somebody. This is what Trump is attempting to do. His problem is that no one in his circle of friends has been willing to tell him that he sounds like a jerk and right now I think a jerk is just the type of person we need to negotiate with the Chinese. One who will tell them to stick it in their ear and walk away from the table.
Just to add here; obama knew Congress would never even consider such,"progressive", legislation so he signed an Executive Order and threatened withholding federal funds for noncompliance.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Petrifiedcat

People are too easily convinced that their offended, usually by the few who stand to gain from the offense.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending