The Student Room Group

Gentleman: What do you wear down there?

I just realised that I only ever wear jeans outside, so now I'm wondering if that is common for other males.

Chinos look and sound weird, and are well know to be for 'pretty-boys', and wearing joggers/tracksuit bottoms outside seems to be discouraged these days, especially the grey sort in which I commonly see chavs fondling their peckers. This pretty much leaves us with jeans.

Is there anyone else that only seems to wear jeans outside?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
When you said "down there" I thought you meant boxers/briefs etc.
--
I only wear jeans or very seldom joggers if I'm having a very lazy day.
You only wear jeans because you've associated everything with negative, false stereotypes.
I gather you're complaining because you only wear jeans - your choice and your fault
Chinos just look ****, not a fan of grey joggers either. I usually wear black jeans or black trackies(not the saggy type,usually for work or out with mates).
Reply 4
Original post by Inexorably
When you said "down there" I thought you meant boxers/briefs etc.

Aha, I didn't really know how to say it- 'what bottoms do you wear' etc, didn't sound right.
Original post by RelucBeam
You only wear jeans because you've associated everything with negative, false stereotypes.
I gather you're complaining because you only wear jeans - your choice and your fault

Where do you see me complaining? I'm just asking whether other people are the same; I quite like wearing jeans.

:mmm:
(edited 7 years ago)
I only wear Jeans. I wore light coloured chinos once, but when I washed my hands it looked as if I pissed myself, so I decided not to wear them again.
Reply 6
Original post by Wiggly
Aha, I didn't really know how to say it- 'what bottoms do you wear' etc, didn't sound right.

Where do you see me complaining? I'm just asking for opinions; I quite like wearing jeans.

What trousers do you wear?

Tbh this is why I'm kind siding with the Americans here with the fact they have a word ("pants") that refer to all types of bottoms, makes it a lot easier.
Original post by Wiggly

Where do you see me complaining? I'm just asking whether other people are the same; I quite like wearing jeans.

Trousers...:eyeroll:
i usually wear black jeans or blue jeans. I also wear shorts and joggers. To be honest i wear whatever i feel comfortable in and i give no shits about what other people say/think of me. I don't wear chinos because they are uncomfortable.
Reply 9
Pretty much jeans when I'm outside. Sometimes chinos. Indoors I'll wear tracksuit bottoms a lot. I suppose I would wear them out more if I didn't think it was considered weird.
Reply 10
I wear jeans and tracksuit bottoms - but not the really baggy ones, mainly because it doesn't suit me. You should be free to wear what you want. You shouldn't be discouraged just because you think people will view you differently for what you wear. Who cares what they think, or what you'd be known as - just wear it. But at the end of the day, it's your choice.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 11
Jeans mainly. Chinos (never red ones) if a smarter occasion. Chino shorts if its hot

Inside tracksuits or jeans. I don't wear tracksuits out because of the 'chavy-ness' associated with doing so.
Chinos look fine, as long as they're not e.g. super skinny and bright purple. That said, I mostly wear jeans, or shorts if it's warm.
Reply 13
What trousers do you wear?

Tbh this is why I'm kind siding with the Americans here with the fact they have a word ("pants") that refer to all types of bottoms, makes it a lot easier.

Original post by alexs2602
Trousers...:eyeroll:

I sort of think of trousers as being separate from jeans, etc. I looked online and there's a few questions on whether jeans should be classed as trousers. :ahee:
Since when did shorts fail to exist?
Sigh. I'm a girl who saw the title of this thread and was expecting pictures of men in underwear. I leave disappointed :angry:
Original post by WoodyMKC
Since when did shorts fail to exist?

Didn't you get the memo? They were banned last night :frown:
Didn't you get the memo? They were banned last night :frown:

Oh. Good thing I haven't crossed paths with any members of the police force today then :biggrin:
I only approve super skinny chinos :colonhash:
i just wear these bad boys
my nike sb joggers.JPG

Quick Reply

Latest