The Student Room Group

A-Level Results Day: Grade Boundaries

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
Does anyone have the mark scheme and the examiners' report for edexcel History? It's looked on their website, so can't view it
No one has any edexcel examiners reports
Are OCR mark schemes leaked??
Original post by timster32
FP1 grade boundary is very low- for an A anyway.

For an A its low but 74 for 100 UMS and 67 for 90 is a bit harsh imo. I actually found this paper much harder than D1 and D2 and harder than all the past papers.

The last two questions on FP1 were pretty difficult so I thought the grade boundaries would reflect that which it has for the A boundary but not really for 90 UMS and 100 UMS.
Original post by TH3-FL45H
For an A its low but 74 for 100 UMS and 67 for 90 is a bit harsh imo. I actually found this paper much harder than D1 and D2 and harder than all the past papers.

The last two questions on FP1 were pretty difficult so I thought the grade boundaries would reflect that which it has for the A boundary but not really for 90 UMS and 100 UMS.

Fair enough, I'm not doing D1 and D2 until next year anyway.
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Are OCR mark schemes leaked??

Not "leaked" - they were released? You can find them on the first post...
Original post by Docjones1
Not "leaked" - they were released? You can find them on the first post...
Thats the grade boundaries :s-smilie:. I'm looking for the mark schemes/papers :colondollar:
Who has seen the new aqa as level biology boundaries? Am i reading it right? 44% for a C? thats very low in comparison to previous boundaries?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
Thats the grade boundaries :s-smilie:. I'm looking for the mark schemes/papers :colondollar:

Sorry, didn't read.
Reply 1089
Does anyone know where examiners reports can be found for AQA PHYS and CHEM?
Original post by Nightcall
I'm in the exact same boat as you, want to apply for History oxbridge and I think I might've only got a high B. Don't worry too much, it's the first year of a new course and no one will have aced it, I guarantee. Oxbridge will take into account the situation, I mean, we didn't even get the textbook until 4 weeks into the course! As long as you get a decent predicted grade in it we should be ok.

Extremely true! The boundaries seem a little ridiculous though. I mean, considering it's a new course, and nobody really knows what they're doing. It's not like we had past papers, past examples, etc to work from. It was trial and error, more than anything, and I dare say this year won't be much different. :s-smilie:

I found AS easy though - but the exams, given the grade boundaries and stupid mistakes I made (timing was a huge issue for me this year)... there goes my Oxbridge dreams :frown:
Original post by SteamboatMickey
Extremely true! The boundaries seem a little ridiculous though. I mean, considering it's a new course, and nobody really knows what they're doing. It's not like we had past papers, past examples, etc to work from. It was trial and error, more than anything, and I dare say this year won't be much different. :s-smilie:

I found AS easy though - but the exams, given the grade boundaries and stupid mistakes I made (timing was a huge issue for me this year)... there goes my Oxbridge dreams :frown:

Your Oxbridge dreams aren't gone at all. Just wait until tomorrow and see what happens, Oxbridge understand the situation. Also bear in mind plenty of applicants didn't even do the AS this year and are doing it all next year.
Original post by Nightcall
Your Oxbridge dreams aren't gone at all. Just wait until tomorrow and see what happens, Oxbridge understand the situation. Also bear in mind plenty of applicants didn't even do the AS this year and are doing it all next year.

To be honest, I feel kinda sorry for those who aren't doing it. I feel like it's been a real learning experience and equipped me for what A2 will bring (which will be harder still, but I feel like I have the 'foundations' down almost). But I suppose they'll think the same thing - just the inverted form - , because they may have started A2 when I, and others doing the AS exams, had to revise, revise, and wait for it... revise.

Thanks so much! I just don't think I'll be able to apply with ABB or ABC or ACC or BCC :redface:

Might apply post-A2 though! :tongue:
All the boundaries are the opposite way round to what I want them to be! S1 (Edex) is so low! And D1, but FP1 and M1 which were the two I struggled in are quite high (especially M1, relative). Also, AQA physics looks a bit high for my liking...

Anyway good luck to everyone tomorrow!
Has anyone found the ocr maths exam reports?? Thank you very much
Where is Media Studies?

Yeah I'm in the same boat, got wrecked by STEP goodbye cambridge
Original post by Ryanzmw
Yeah I'm in the same boat, got wrecked by STEP goodbye cambridge

Best of luck tomorrow man :redface:

Do you find out your STEP scores tomorrow or at another time?
Best of luck tomorrow man :redface:

Do you find out your STEP scores tomorrow or at another time?

I can get them at midnight when I log into the website. Though, I'm not sure if I want results day to start by knowing I've failed, so I might wait until after I've gone in and got my A level results.
Original post by Ryanzmw
I can get them at midnight when I log into the website. Though, I'm not sure if I want results day to start by knowing I've failed, so I might wait until after I've gone in and got my A level results.

Might be the best thing. Hey, you might surprise yourself though! :wink:

Really wishing you luck, I know how awful this evening is because of tomorrow looming over us all.

Quick Reply

Latest