The Student Room Group

btec level 3 diploma

I'm looking to do a level 3 extended diploma in business. But my question is what are the chances of me getting in!
All my qualifications are listed below:
- PASS in btec science level 1/2 award
- Distinction* in business studies level 2 extended certificate (older version)
- Grade D in igcse Cambridge English
2015-2016
- Grade C in Mathematicians
- PP first diploma/extended certificate in IT
(Note; not passed English)
Reply 1
Original post by ImranMahmood
I'm looking to do a level 3 extended diploma in business. But my question is what are the chances of me getting in!
All my qualifications are listed below:
- PASS in btec science level 1/2 award
- Distinction* in business studies level 2 extended certificate (older version)
- Grade D in igcse Cambridge English
2015-2016
- Grade C in Mathematicians
- PP first diploma/extended certificate in IT
(Note; not passed English)

Depends on the college but from my experience, they give you a place if you've got reasonable grades in a level 2 diploma so I don't really see you having a problem. So just try and see, I know quite a few places will basically take anyone in with just a pass at level 2 even if they have crap GCSE's.
Original post by Devify
Depends on the college but from my experience, they give you a place if you've got reasonable grades in a level 2 diploma so I don't really see you having a problem. So just try and see, I know quite a few places will basically take anyone in with just a pass at level 2 even if they have crap GCSE's.

Thanks. what college did you attend and what qualification did you have when applying to level 3 diploma?
Reply 3
Original post by ImranMahmood
Thanks. what college did you attend and what qualification did you have when applying to level 3 diploma?

I had D*D* in a level 2 diploma and crap GCSE's. But some of my friends got in with just passes in theirs and also crap GCSE's.

Look at entry requirements online, they may say something like "Successful*completion of a lower level qualification" which means they will likely give you a place as long as you have a level 2 qualification even if it's just a pass.

As for where I went, doesn't really matter. Went to a local college in Somerset

Quick Reply

Latest