The Student Room Group

Should i have my LAW02 exam remarked or not?

I have got my AS law unit 2 exam back today at a B only to find out i was three marks away from an A! Is this difference in my mark sensible to ask for a remark?
Original post by Lawstudent05
I have got my AS law unit 2 exam back today at a B only to find out i was three marks away from an A! Is this difference in my mark sensible to ask for a remark?

Speak to your teachers about this to see. I remark doesn't guarantee that a mark will go up, and there is always a possibility that it will go down. If you get 3 marks over the A boundary in your A2 exams, it cancels it out and you get an A, so I wouldn't risk it :nah:
Reply 2
Thank you for your reply. Correct me if I'm wrong the overall grade is an average of the 4 modules. So if someone achieved two B's at AS at 76 (unit 1) and 65 (unit 2) (2016 boundaries) and the A boundary this year was 82 (unit 1) and 72 (unit 2) the person, in order to achieve A at the end of the two year course, would have to achieve 6+7 marks they did not gain first year and the required marks for an A in unit 3 and unit 4
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 3
Thank you for your reply. Correct me if I'm wrong the overall grade is an average of the 4 modules. So if someone achieved two B's at AS at 76 (unit 1) and 65 (unit 2) (2016 boundaries) and the A boundary this year was 82 (unit 1) and 72 (unit 2) the person, in order to achieve A at the end of the two year course, would have to achieve 6+7 marks they did not gain first year and the required marks for an A in unit 3 and unit 4

Quick Reply

Latest