The Student Room Group

Help - waiting for a remark... (A2)

Hi,

After failing to meet my Firm offer (A*AA) by getting AAAA in my A-levels, I decided to get my English lit paper remarked as I was 2 marks off an A* (got 95/120 UMS in exam and needed 100/120 UMS for A*) as I was so confident I would get an A* in that exam and wanted to get into my first-choice (and the added worry that my Insurance, Bath, do not guarantee accommodation).

However, I'm coming to realise that the longer I wait for this remark (meant to take 2 days..), the more likely is that I won't get any accommodation at my Insurance

How long should I wait for the remark? So scared that it comes back unsuccessful and I'm left high and dry in every sense of the phrase. But at the same time I can't understand how I couldn't get 100/120 UMS in the exam!!!! and want to get into my first choice uni ofc..

:frown:
(edited 7 years ago)
Same! I have got A*A*B in maths, further maths and music. Literally just 1 UMS off to an A in music but rejected by my firmed uni (UCL for maths) anyway. Still waiting for the remark results. This is so frustrating!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by Mingdu Li
Same! I have got A*A*B in maths, further maths and music. Literally just 1 UMS off to an A in music but rejected by my firmed uni (UCL for maths) anyway. Still waiting for the remark results. This is so frustrating!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It really is! Are you going to wait for it however long it takes and risk accommodation at your insurance?
My teacher told me the remarks will usually take less than a week so I will wait and see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Literally having the same thing with English lit A Aqa! Got A*AA on three of my English units and then a D on my a2 exam! Waiting for my remark but my accommodation at my firm isn't going to be one of my choices as it is later than usual

I don't know about you but my UCAS automatically confirmed my insurance after my firm rejected me. So I've just gone through with my insurance accommodation up until the point where I have to give a deposit at which point I have to try and stall it!

Good luck!!
Reply 5
Original post by Gemsteele
Literally having the same thing with English lit A Aqa! Got A*AA on three of my English units and then a D on my a2 exam! Waiting for my remark but my accommodation at my firm isn't going to be one of my choices as it is later than usual

I don't know about you but my UCAS automatically confirmed my insurance after my firm rejected me. So I've just gone through with my insurance accommodation up until the point where I have to give a deposit at which point I have to try and stall it!

Good luck!!

Yep this is me exactly. I called my insurance (Bath) up yesterday (Track confirmed them after Durham rejected me like you) to check that I wouldn't lose my place and they said to apply for accommodation as it reopened yesterday, so I did. I will hear by the 9th of September as to whether or not I get any and what it is though :/

Where did you firm and insure? Were you close UMS-wise to your offer in the end? Did you need A* like me? :smile:

I'm sort of just accepting that I'll highly likely just go to Bath at this stage tbh (so disappointed about my results though)
It's so stressful I don't mind which way it goes now, but I just want to find out! My firm is exeter and my insurance is Nottingham to study English! My offer was a* aa but I've currently got 3a*s and a b so as long as my english goes up to an A I'm ok! I'm still 9 marks off though so I'm just hoping there's been a huge **** up because I've never had a D in any mocks- even with no revision! 4 As is still amazing!!! Don't feel disappointed!
Reply 7
Original post by Gemsteele
It's so stressful I don't mind which way it goes now, but I just want to find out! My firm is exeter and my insurance is Nottingham to study English! My offer was a* aa but I've currently got 3a*s and a b so as long as my english goes up to an A I'm ok! I'm still 9 marks off though so I'm just hoping there's been a huge **** up because I've never had a D in any mocks- even with no revision! 4 As is still amazing!!! Don't feel disappointed!

Mainly disappointed cos I didn't get into my Firm though. Very stressful as I might not get any accommodation and whatever I do get will be the scraps at Bath...... can't believe I fell at the final hurdle

where are you off to? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest