The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Cool, we know that's bs though don't we? Because they aren't
muscles are disgusting and they make u die fat
Original post by Zargabaath
Cool, we know that's bs though don't we? Because they aren't

Well I know women with muscles aren't masculine, but some guys think they are.
Women with athletic physiques/muscle are highly attractive.

All able men should lift free weights. Huge benefits.
especially if they shave their chests
I agree- it annoys me when women with 'muscles' are labelled masculine
Original post by ellie0497

I don't think that was his point.
Reply 8
Original post by ellie0497
they may have more testosterone tho
Lol I guess I'm feminine then, why the **** do you care what other men do with their bodies?
Original post by DorianGrayism
I don't think that was his point.

That was exactly my point. Hench the title of the thread.
Original post by xxVENUSx
Lol I guess I'm feminine then, why the **** do you care what other men do with their bodies?

Do you think muscular women are masculine?
Reply 12
Muscle on women looks horrible. Women who say it looks OK are not correct. These women want to tell people a load of rubbish. These women try to make out they are born masculine when they are not.
Original post by GUT456
Muscle on women looks horrible. Women who say it looks OK are not correct. These women want to tell people a load of rubbish. These women try to make out they are born masculine when they are not.

Sexism much?
How things look is called OPINION - you don't get to decide what's right or wrong.

The irony is that the original title is pointing out how stupid the exact sentiment you just expressed is.
Reply 14
Original post by ValerieKR
Sexism much?
How things look is called OPINION - you don't get to decide what's right or wrong.

The irony is that the original title is pointing out how stupid the exact sentiment you just expressed is.

It is not sexist. Women like masculine men and men like soft women. People are born that way and you feminists should stop trying to change everyone.
Original post by GUT456
It is not sexist. Women like masculine men and men like soft women. People are born that way and you feminists should stop trying to change everyone.

It's not sexist - women do this, men do this... People are born that way.
Erm... that's sexism?
Look up sexism.

Also, look up feminism, actually, I'll do it for you:
'The advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.'

So, in implying feminism is a negative thing you've expressed belief against it, do you think women shouldn't have rights or that the sexes aren't equal?
Which is it?
Reply 16
Original post by ValerieKR
It's not sexist - women do this, men do this... People are born that way.
Erm... that's sexism?
Look up sexism.

Also, look up feminism, actually, I'll do it for you:
'The advocacy of women's rights on the ground of the equality of the sexes.'

So, in implying feminism is a negative thing you've expressed belief against it, do you think women shouldn't have rights or that the sexes aren't equal?
Which is it?

It is not sexist. Women who want muscle are extreme feminists. There's nothing wrong with standing up for women rights. Women like masculine men and men like soft women, that is how it is and people are born that way.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GUT456
It is not sexist. Women who want muscle are extreme feminists. There's nothing wrong with standing up for women rights. Women like masculine men and men like soft women, that is how it is. People are born like that.

'Women who want muscle are extreme feminists' - No they aren't?! They're just women who want muscle?

'Women like masculine men and men like soft women, that is how it is' - NO IT ISN'T! SOME women like masculine men. SOME men like soft women. IT IS NOT TRUE FOR EVERYONE! IT IS NOT A ROLE THAT YOU HAVE ANY RIGHT TO EXPECT OTHER PEOPLE TO FILL. Saying that women are 'this way' and men are 'this other way' is textbook sexism.

'People are born like that' - No they aren't?! You could argue that 'some' people are born like that but I would argue that nobody is born like that. There are established traditional gender roles and people are treated in a way that expects them to fill those roles.
Reply 18
They are extreme feminists. They are trying to tell men they should like masculine women when they do not. Everything is sexism to extreme feminists. People prefer gender roles anyway. Gender roles exist because people prefer to live this way. These extreme feminists should stop trying to change everyone. I will say no more.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by GUT456
They are extreme feminists. They are trying to tell men they should like masculine women when they do not. Everything is sexism to feminist. People prefer gender roles anyway. Gender roles exist because people prefer to live this way. These extreme feminists should stop trying to change everyone. I will say no more.

Good. I'm sick of trying to explain basic freedom to you.
(And for the record, your last post's a load of misguided, shockingly narrow-minded BS too.)
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest