The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Swansea University: Has Anyone Heard Back About Accommodation Yet?

Reply 1
A lot of people I know are all still waiting to hear back about accommodation even having a message saying accommodation is now full and to attend the housing freshers fayre. Maybe they just havn't got around to letting you know yet?What campus are you going to be studying at?Maybe best to give accommodation a ring to see where you stand?i know St.Davids have a few rooms left atm, as again, a few people have applied for that and got a room today.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by jake4198

Got rejected so now looking for some people to share a house.
Original post by Andreamay
A lot of people I know are all still waiting to hear back about accommodation even having a message saying accommodation is now full and to attend the housing freshers fayre. Maybe they just havn't got around to letting you know yet?What campus are you going to be studying at?Maybe best to give accommodation a ring to see where you stand?i know St.Davids have a few rooms left atm, as again, a few people have applied for that and got a room today.

I'm doing Maths so I applied for accommodation at Singleton Park. I've just had another check to see if my application has been processed and it's still saying nothing. It's very frustrating as otherwise I need to sort out alternatives ASAP.
Reply 4
I'm doing Maths so I applied for accommodation at Singleton Park. I've just had another check to see if my application has been processed and it's still saying nothing. It's very frustrating as otherwise I need to sort out alternatives ASAP.

Have you called them? Because on my email from yesterday it says all accommodation are fully booked.

I'm also doing Maths :tongue:
Original post by kkboyk
Have you called them? Because on my email from yesterday it says all accommodation are fully booked.

I'm also doing Maths :tongue:

I haven't received any email and my application just says "processed" when I login online.

I don't want to have to walk miles just to get to the Campus.
Reply 6
I haven't received any email and my application just says "processed" when I login online.

You should definitely call them ASAP before its too late.

Non of us want that tbh. There are many accommodation that are walking distance (no more than 20min) to Singleton Park, so it's best to consider one before all spaces get taken.
Original post by kkboyk
You should definitely call them ASAP before its too late.

Non of us want that tbh. There are many accommodation that are walking distance (no more than 20min) to Singleton Park, so it's best to consider one before all spaces get taken.

Someone thought it was good idea to set the deadline for the accommodation on a Friday, which means any problems can't be answered until Monday because they're closed over the weekend.

The grammar on the page before you login as well is shocking.
Reply 8
Someone thought it was good idea to set the deadline for the accommodation on a Friday, which means any problems can't be answered until Monday because they're closed over the weekend.

The grammar on the page before you login as well is shocking.

Everyone should get their accommodation by/on the 5th September I think.im starting mech eng this year :biggrin: also ti ruski bratan?

Unfortunately all our residences are now full and at present we are unable to offer students a place in University accommodation for this academic year. We appreciate that this may not be the news that you were hoping for but please be assured that we have options for finding accommodation that prove very successful every year. You should have received an email about attending the Housing Fayre on 13th and 14th September and finding accommodation in the private sector with other students in the same situation as you.Staff and Students' Union officers will be available to offer advice on student housing and help you in your search during the event.
I've been applying for private accommodation and just today I received a contract for a private flat (studio) in St Mary's Square. However, I've also just received an offer for accommodation at HSV from Swansea. Which do you reckon I should take?

HSV
- All bills paid.
- £87 per week.
- Parking for car.
- No en-suite.
- No private kitchen.
- Close to uni.

St Mary's Square
- All bills paid.
- Large room.
- Bike storage.
- En-suite.
- Private kitchen.
- Modern.
- No parking.
- 30 minute walk to uni.
- £150 per week.
I've been applying for private accommodation and just today I received a contract for a private flat (studio) in St Mary's Square. However, I've also just received an offer for accommodation at HSV from Swansea. Which do you reckon I should take?

HSV
- All bills paid.
- £87 per week.
- Parking for car.
- No en-suite.
- No private kitchen.
- Close to uni.

St Mary's Square
- All bills paid.
- Large room.
- Bike storage.
- En-suite.
- Private kitchen.
- Modern.
- No parking.
- 30 minute walk to uni.
- £150 per week.

there is little difference in distance from the university between HSV and St Marys. The bus service is £300 per year approx. St Marys is in the centre of town 2 minutes walk from Wind Street and the city centre shops. HSV is about 5 miles out of the city. It is your choice and you must base your decision on the basis of cost and which environment suits you better.
Original post by swansea jack 1
there is little difference in distance from the university between HSV and St Marys. The bus service is £300 per year approx. St Marys is in the centre of town 2 minutes walk from Wind Street and the city centre shops. HSV is about 5 miles out of the city. It is your choice and you must base your decision on the basis of cost and which environment suits you better.

HSV would be alright, but not having an en-suite doesn't sound appealing at all. £150 per week is a lot of money, but it's somewhere I can stay for my entire three years and it has so much more luxuries included in it. Even though I could do with the money from HSV, I think I'll just go to Queen Mary's.

Quick Reply

Latest