The Student Room Group

Triple Science

Is Triple Science hard???
Reply 1
Original post by sciencefreak122

its obviously harder than double science due to the fact that there is way more content and three more exams

but it shouldn't be too hard if you put in the work. im also doing triple science when I start year 10 next week.
Yes it is harder than double but generally not that hard if you choose to work hard and always listen in class. You'll be fine if you choose to do it- I've done it so I know what it's like
I did triple. You only do one module that is different to double science people (for my exam board anyway). There is more exams but I found it was worth it in the end as I got grades for each separate science not combined sciences. Also it's good prep for a level as some of the stuff comes up in early modules.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Say it in this way: it is hard to get good grades in all of them. But in the other hand, it is an advantage to take triple science, as some topics in those subjects are connect to. That is to say there are topics in sciences which occur both in biology and chmeistry and some of them both in physics and chemistry. To take triple science means to get different views in the same topics and thus a detailed understanding.*
I did it last year. Put the work in and you should be fine, but sitting 9 exams and 3 sets of coursework was insanely stressful for my class, although I understand that the whole system has gone through a change this year. It's definitely worth it though, and as long as you have a good understanding of what is covered in the core and additional science modules, C3, B3 and P3 should be enjoyable and relatively easy.
I just did it and it's not as hard as people think it is. I did OCR gateway I had a total of 6 exams (3 units for each exam) and 3 sets of coursework. It is an extra 2 units for each of the sciences which i enjoyed more than the other units because it was ACTUAL SCIENCE ( for example, in chemistry we learnt about moles). I found the coursework a lot harder than the exam , i even had to retake my bio coursework during exams (was sooo pissed off). To be honest i didn't really revise that much in year 10 (big mistake) which meant i had to catch up a lot in year 11. Make sure you revise well for your mocks and topic tests because although it's not the real thing it will help you remember a lot of the information. Science GCSE is really just about memorisation so make sure you get a CGP and memorise that book ( i literally memorised word for word) and do plenty of past papers (do them all but not too early, save them for exam season). Being the idiot i am, i left my revision for the actual exams till the last minute (like literally one day before) and had to cram everything in one day (which i don't recommend , pls start early) . Also the exams were quite close together ( like 3 exams in a week). It may seem difficult but trust me anyone can do it. I got A* in chem, A* in physics, A in bio (getting remarked cuz i am one mark off)
(edited 7 years ago)

3A*s on a plate.

It's an extra module per science (Further Additional on top of Core and Additional). If you're interested in science, it may be good for an extra grade :wink:
Original post by _gcx
It's an extra module per science (Further Additional on top of Core and Additional). If you're interested in science, it may be good for an extra grade :wink:

Anyway, I would everyone recommend to take triple science, if there is really a great interest in sciences. Otherwise it may too frustrated.*

Quick Reply

Latest