The Student Room Group

Wait for new Mac Model or buy current

hey i've been saving for a mac book pro over the last 2 years and was waiting for this new one to come out this year, when ever that may be.

However, my annoying cousin keeps telling me to buy the current one as there will be many offers now because of the newly anticipated one, but it doesn't seem worth it to me after i have waited this long- I'd rather wait a bit longer (probably close to Christmas) , so just take my current laptop to uni.

So i was wandering if anyone knew what the price difference would probably be? This is for the 13" btw. Also, i take it its best to buy from apple with the student discount?

Thanks
Reply 1
They're normally reasonable after student discount considering how long they last.
Original post by alexp98
hey i've been saving for a mac book pro over the last 2 years and was waiting for this new one to come out this year, when ever that may be.

However, my annoying cousin keeps telling me to buy the current one as there will be many offers now because of the newly anticipated one, but it doesn't seem worth it to me after i have waited this long- I'd rather wait a bit longer (probably close to Christmas) , so just take my current laptop to uni.

So i was wandering if anyone knew what the price difference would probably be? This is for the 13" btw. Also, i take it its best to buy from apple with the student discount?

Thanks

There might not be a new Macbook Pro. They're trying to kill them off and bring the Notebook and iPad Pro up to date, so they can keep up with Microsoft. I got the Macbook Pro last year and it should be fine for at least 5+ years
If they were going to announce one it would've been at last week's keynote. Today is 1000 days since the last Mac Pro update for example. Current speculation from insiders is literally that Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, Mac Mini, iMac and Mac Pro are not getting refreshed, and are all being moved to EOL.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending