The Student Room Group

Should I do A level Chemistry?

Hi everyone just wondering if I am able to do A level chemistry. I really enjoyed GCSE chemistry as it was essentially a memory test and in the exams (AQA) Iachieved 54, 53 and 50/60. I have heard that Chemistry A level is a massive step up so am wondering if anyone has any previous experience.

Thanks a lot!
I got a B (did ocr gateway) and will bendoingnit at A level- I felt my CA let me down badly
Reply 2
If you enjoyed Chemistry at GCSE and A level Chemistry is needed for your next step in education then I'd suggest you take it!
Your GCSE results were excellent so go for it
Reply 3
Original post by kagawa88
Hi everyone just wondering if I am able to do A level chemistry. I really enjoyed GCSE chemistry as it was essentially a memory test and in the exams (AQA) Iachieved 54, 53 and 50/60. I have heard that Chemistry A level is a massive step up so am wondering if anyone has any previous experience.

Thanks a lot!

Chemistry A Level is a huge step from GCSE I suggest you pick the subject if you want to do something chemistry related for university or if universities require the subject for the particular degree you want to do. However if you put in the hard work and if you really do enjoy the subject I suggest you take it but bare in mind it is a very tough subject and requires a lot of maths skills as well.
Reply 4
Original post by Starlight2000
I got a B (did ocr gateway) and will bendoingnit at A level- I felt my CA let me down badly

What exam board are you doing for A level?
Original post by kagawa88
What exam board are you doing for A level?

Sixth form officially starts on Wednesday for me so not entirely sure but I'm 99.9% certain it will be ocr gateway just like GCSEs as subjects don't change their boards

Quick Reply

Latest