The Student Room Group

Corbyn insults 9/11 victims

Scroll to see replies

Original post by teenhorrorstory
He is 100% right. Of course 9/11 should be commemorated, but the millions slaughtered in response should equally be remembered.

Nobody is stopping you from remembering or holding a memorial for others, in this case the ensuing conflict. The problem is Hijacking the 9/11 memorial to advance your political views. The memorial should be solely about remembering the 3000 who brutally perished and the thousands of selfless firefighters, police, volunteers who suffered later due to health effects caused by the toxic air
Original post by Copperknickers
Criticising the War on Terror is 'nonsense' and 'crap'? Let's get one thing straight: 9/11 was a bad thing, an attack on innocent people.But it's not even in the same league of evil as the War on Terror, the worst calamity of the 21st Century so far. And I'm not trying to defend terrorists: I am against terrorism in all its forms. Sometimes when you try to fight fire with fire, all you get is more fire. And the War on Terror wasn't so much fighting fire with fire, as finding out that your chip pan is on fire, then going to your neighbour's house, shooting them in the head, stealing their jewelry and credit card, then uprooting the mains gas pipe and blowing your whole street to kingdom come to cover the evidence of your crime.

Whilst inviting the angry brother of the owner of the jewelry, credit card and gas pipe round your house on account of them looking sad.

What rubbish. What happened to this countries "GOTCHA!" spirit?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Dez
Claiming that because he was thinking about the thousands of people killed as a result of pointless and barely legal wars means that he can never be Prime Minister? Saying that because he didn't spend 100% of his day sobbing about a paltry 2,000 victims (who, incidentally, were not killed as a direct result of British government action) that he's "insulting 9/11 victims"? It's all hyperbole. The tweet was almost totally benign, yet you're jumping all over it in order to personally attack him. It's pathetic.

Man i have no words. What a callous monster you are
So people on this site hate Hilary for things like supporting the Iraq War but they also hate Corbyn for saying that his thoughts are with people who died in wars that happened as a result of 9/11, in other words the Iraq War.

I mean if he'd said something like the US had provoked 9/11 that would be something to be angry about (and not something I'd put past him) but this is basically saying 9/11 was a disaster both itself and for what happened after.
Original post by AlexanderHam
It's not even close to "millions".

And yes, they should be remembered. On any other day than 9/11

Retard.

Over half a million died in Iraq alone.
ITT multiple people who lack the nuance to understand that its fine to be critical of the Iraq war, just not using and denigrating the 9/11 victims to advance this viewpoint.
Re the aftermath the Taliban regime effectively chose to be invaded. They a a clear choice of handing over Bin-Laden or sharing his fate and chose the latter. Of course the fact they were harbouring him doesn't fit the anti-Western narrative of Corbyn and his followers.

Iraq was a debacle as we all know.
Original post by Betelgeuse-
ITT multiple people who lack the nuance to understand that its fine to be critical of the Iraq war, just not using and denigrating the 9/11 victims to advance this viewpoint.

+1

It's something most people learn whilst being a moody teenager, it's fine to have a point of view about something but it is the nuance in how and when you express it that will determine whether people take you seriously or not.

Communication, even in this day and age of social media, is much about playing the system and manipulating people subtly to come round to your viewpointand rather than Corbyn's default 'yes, BUT....' approach to many issues.
Original post by Jimmy Seville
Retard.

Over half a million died in Iraq alone.

It's probably much closer to about 250,000 but even if we're go to with your number... can you even count? 500K < 2 million

He said millions, I said it's nowhere near "millions". You say it's 500k in Iraq. So nowhere close to even a million, let alone two. Iraq was by far the biggest theatre for casualties during the War on Terror, so the idea that in the rest of the world you will get anywhere close to more than 2 million is bizarre.

To be frank, I'd be amazed if you even got through high school.
Original post by ManiaMuse
+1

It's something most people learn whilst being a moody teenager, it's fine to have a point of view about something but it is the nuance in how and when you express it that will determine whether people take you seriously or not.

Superb comment, well worth gemming if I hadn't already
Oh, yeah he did insult them didn't he?

Jesus, if he is so unelectable, objectively, why not just leave it at that?

You really are like a propagandist in the 30's or something. This is not what people in a modern free thinking democracy are supposed to be like. I mean, don't you ever tire of being an authoritarian dupe? The fact that so many of you people think that anyone who opposes all of this wants marxism, or indeed to elect a man who could be 78 in government, shows how much you don't get it. Many people are simply trying to reclim free debate, a wider political spectrum, and objectivity by siding with him.

This isn't about competence, or the essentials of having a 'centre-left' government in power rather than Tories- and you know it full well. It's about an ideological war to keep certain views out of a democracy and go back to the same paradigm . Yes Corbyn is incompetent and too old, but many of the policy issues won't go away and the tide has turned.
At least Jezza isn't an opinion less puppet like the others
Original post by JamesN88
Re the aftermath the Taliban regime effectively chose to be invaded. They a a clear choice of handing over Bin-Laden or sharing his fate and chose the latter. Of course the fact they were harbouring him doesn't fit the anti-Western narrative of Corbyn and his followers.

Iraq was a debacle as we all know.

I can totally understand opposition to the Iraq War. But to Afghanistan? By opposing the Invasion of Afghanistan these people show just how much they despise the West.

No responsible government could take a hit like that and then do nothing, and allow Al-Qaeda to remain in place. The Al-Qaeda training camps that had become a state within a state inside Afghanistan had to be removed, permanently. We know the Taliban had absolutely no intention of handing him over and closing the camps, we know the Pakistani ISI chief went into Afghanistan in late September 2001 to egg the Taliban leadership on, to tell them not to hand Bin Laden over and to resist to the death the inevitable invasion they knew would follow that refusal.

Thank goodness conspiracy idiots never get anywhere near the levers of power (and anytime they do, their views immediately change when they see just how difficult it is to be in the top job and how most decisions are lose-lose in one way or another)
#rightwingPCpolice
Original post by SaucissonSecCy
Oh, yeah he did insult them didn't he?

Jesus, if he is so unelectable, objectively, why not just leave it at that?

Because I love the Labour Party and I want it to be electable. Every day that Corbyn is in the top job, the political carcass that is the Labour Party putrefies some more.

This is not what people in a modern free thinking democracy are supposed to be like

Yup, because in a "true" Corbynite democracy, free criticism is not allowed. War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength, and all that, in Corbynland.

I mean, don't you ever tire of being an authoritarian dupe?

Do you ever get tired of having the menatlity of a puerile, surly little teenage conspiracy theorist?

It's about an ideological war to keep certain views out of a democracy and go back to the same paradigm

How paranoid you are. These views have always got an airing in the Green Party, they haven't been banned or anything. So how are these views being kept out?

Yes Corbyn is incompetent and too old, but many of the policy issues won't go away and the tide has turned.

What policies, specifically?

You've basically just admitted you know he's incompetent and basically unelectable, but that taking control of the Labour Party is more important.
People will always try and find something to take offence to.
Original post by ManiaMuse
His ratings might actually go up if someone makes him wear a gag.

Lol.

Yeah at least if he shuts up for a bit people might forget some of the stupid **** he's said.
It's not even close to "millions".

And yes, they should be remembered. On any other day than 9/11

They should also be remembered on 9/11**
Original post by Gwilym101
So people on this site hate Hilary for things like supporting the Iraq War but they also hate Corbyn for saying that his thoughts are with people who died in wars that happened as a result of 9/11, in other words the Iraq War.

I mean if he'd said something like the US had provoked 9/11 that would be something to be angry about (and not something I'd put past him) but this is basically saying 9/11 was a disaster both itself and for what happened after.

People are brainwashed by the media
It's probably much closer to about 250,000 but even if we're go to with your number... can you even count? 500K < 2 million

He said millions, I said it's nowhere near "millions". You say it's 500k in Iraq. So nowhere close to even a million, let alone two. Iraq was by far the biggest theatre for casualties during the War on Terror, so the idea that in the rest of the world you will get anywhere close to more than 2 million is bizarre.

To be frank, I'd be amazed if you even got through high school.

http://www.psr.org/assets/pdfs/body-count.pdf

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending