The Student Room Group

I got 820 in my UKCAT where should I apply?

I'm going for UCL, Oxford, King's and my fourth option is undecided

I don't know where my ukcat would be best utilised in fourth option because at the end of the day I do just want a place to study medicine. I've checked all the separate university policies on how they use it but I'd really like some more advice

Thanks
Original post by leelu

I don't know where my ukcat would be best utilised in fourth option because at the end of the day I do just want a place to study medicine. I've checked all the separate university policies on how they use it but I'd really like some more advice

Thanks

Also depends on what your GCSE's are like and your A-Level target grades.
Reply 2
Original post by Shazen
Also depends on what your GCSE's are like and your A-Level target grades.

10 A stars 4 As at GCSE
Pred Grades: A* Maths A* Bio A* Chem and B in Economics
Oxford and UCL dont use it. Why go for two BMAT uni's when you can easily secure 4 interviews with your UKCAT?
Original post by leelu

Thanks

my ukcat is in 2 days, any tips to boost me up ?
Original post by leelu
10 A stars 4 As at GCSE
Pred Grades: A* Maths A* Bio A* Chem and B in Economics

Everything is good but don't some of your choices use BMAT?
Reply 6
Original post by X_alwayssmiley
my ukcat is in 2 days, any tips to boost me up ?

TONS
the day b4 my ukcat i just made notes on all of the patterns i usually miss on AR and made a sheet with all the number of corners/sides of shapes that come up which are long to count in the exam

on the day i just made myself really comfortable like i took off my shoes in the exam lmao
and during the unscored section, write ur formula for speed distance time etc onto ur whiteboard

i hope it goes well for you!
Reply 7
Original post by Shazen
Everything is good but don't some of your choices use BMAT?

yea, but i really want to go to UCL or Oxford those are my two top choices, I just wanted to know which places are really UKCAT heavy
Original post by leelu
yea, but i really want to go to UCL or Oxford those are my two top choices, I just wanted to know which places are really UKCAT heavy

Ohh ok.
Original post by leelu
TONS
the day b4 my ukcat i just made notes on all of the patterns i usually miss on AR and made a sheet with all the number of corners/sides of shapes that come up which are long to count in the exam

on the day i just made myself really comfortable like i took off my shoes in the exam lmao
and during the unscored section, write ur formula for speed distance time etc onto ur whiteboard

i hope it goes well for you!

LOL thank you!

I struggle with timing in QR, any advice?
Reply 10
Original post by leelu

Hey, well done on the amazing UKCAT result! I heard Newcastle is quite UKCAT heavy as well as Kings.

Good luck wherever you decide to apply :smile:

A
Oxford look at your percentage of A*s and though you got fantastic GCSE grades your percentage is quite a bit lower than the average applicant who received an offer last year so it may be a waste of an option. Also the BMAT is very unpredictable and I know many people who did well in the UKCAT but not so well in the BMAT. Personally I think UCL is a good choice but Oxford would be riskier especially as you have such a high UKCAT score.

Why not have a look at universities that place a lot of emphasis on the UKCAT such as Glasgow, Durham or Southampton? Another option with your grades depending on what you got your A*s and As in at GCSE is Cardiff and also Birmingham, although these don't place as much weighting on UKCAT.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending