The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Late registration

The registration date has passed for courses starting in October. Does anyone know whether it is possible to become a late entrant?

I've emailed OU, but I've yet to receive a response.
They're best placed to advise so wait for their response :smile:
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Just done exactly the same thing, ha ha.
Reply 3
Original post by WildBerrySpirit
The registration date has passed for courses starting in October. Does anyone know whether it is possible to become a late entrant?

I've emailed OU, but I've yet to receive a response.

Usually possible but don't wait for email as they are very slow to respond and it may be too late by then. I'd suggest phoning them instead.
I just spoke to them on the phone (thanks for the tip!) and They told me I couldn't enrol in S282 (Astronomy), even though I already had the core text books from a few years ago when I withdrew from the course.

But maybe you'll have better luck!
Reply 5
Original post by Space Gandalf
I just spoke to them on the phone (thanks for the tip!) and They told me I couldn't enrol in S282 (Astronomy), even though I already had the core text books from a few years ago when I withdrew from the course.

But maybe you'll have better luck!

It's not about textbooks, because they're mainly online now anyway. It's about other resources, such as tutors - if the course is already full in your area they can't expect the tutor to be able to mark an extra set of assignments, but equally they can't expect the student to go to exams at the other end of the country. And it would be a lot of work to try to re-jig things so that the spare space in Scotland could be taken by Anna, who lives near the Scottish border. Then Anna's place could be taken by Bob, and Bob's place could be taken by Cedric, and Cedric's space could then be used for Derek...and eventually everyone is sorted into new groups so that you could have a place.
Original post by Juno
It's not about textbooks, because they're mainly online now anyway. It's about other resources, such as tutors - if the course is already full in your area they can't expect the tutor to be able to mark an extra set of assignments, but equally they can't expect the student to go to exams at the other end of the country. And it would be a lot of work to try to re-jig things so that the spare space in Scotland could be taken by Anna, who lives near the Scottish border. Then Anna's place could be taken by Bob, and Bob's place could be taken by Cedric, and Cedric's space could then be used for Derek...and eventually everyone is sorted into new groups so that you could have a place.

Yes, I realise that, the person on the phone explained, it's quite complicated.
Hey,

I phoned them last Wednesday and they said no :frown: I phoned twice and spoke to two different people to see if it was the person being mean but the same happened twice. If they let you enrol then I'll phone them again and be having words! :P

Quick Reply

Latest