The Student Room Group

Aston Villa FC Society III

Scroll to see replies

Ipswich could have taken that at the end. They knew how fragile we become in the closing stages and laid on the pressure, seemed like McCarthy even saved his substitutes for it
Well we're 11 points off first place and 3 points above 24th

Posted from TSR Mobile
Saved by the post at the end, we did not have a shot on target today although Ayew should have scored.
Original post by Wilfred Little
x

What was that chant that Villa fans were singing last year, something like 'you're not special, we lose every week' ?
Got my tickets for Villa away, hoping for a great match and a decent turn out by the home fans! :biggrin:
Still waiting for my ticket to arrive for Barnsley.
Going on Saturday. It'll be an interesting one. Newcastle are probably the first team we've played this season who could give us a hammering if we play poorly. But equally, regardless of our form, we usually give them a good game. Can't remember a match in recent years that wasn't either a draw or won by one goal, not since that 6-0 the season O'Neill left.

Could go either way. A decent result for us could be the turning point in our season.
Original post by Cll_ws
Going on Saturday. It'll be an interesting one. Newcastle are probably the first team we've played this season who could give us a hammering if we play poorly. But equally, regardless of our form, we usually give them a good game. Can't remember a match in recent years that wasn't either a draw or won by one goal, not since that 6-0 the season O'Neill left.

Could go either way. A decent result for us could be the turning point in our season.

I don't see why this game will be different to the others we have played so far.

Basically we have no clue what will happen.

Were 3 points off 24th and 11 off first

Posted from TSR Mobile
Agreed.

I think we will lose.

3-1 Newcastle.

The footballing hell continues.
Everyman and his dog can see we need another man in midfield

Posted from TSR Mobile
Much better second half should have won in the end but nice to score a late goal instead of conceding
First half was shocking. Looked better when Tshibola came on and we had an extra player in the middle. Jedinak was really poor though.

Kodija, Amavi and especially Ayew looked decent. If Ayew's shot that hit the post had gone in... :sogood: Gestede should also be starting.

Hopefully those last 10 minutes are a sign of what's to come with this team.
I only saw the second half. Another disappointing result, 1 win in 9 is pathetic. No better than last season.

We should prepare for a second year in the Championship.
Think the small positive we got better in the match rather than worse, Just wonder if Jedinak is short of match fitness.
Went to the game today and was disgusted at the first 36 minutes, how could we be that inept defensively. They should have buried at least 2 more chances, the one two on the left side of the box near holte end and then the gayle 1 on 1. Second half much better when we got an extra midfielder in tish and tbh I was very impressed at him kodjia and ayews dribbling today. Jedinak faired better in second half but still not sold on Westwood, saw him outshone and outmatched again today and he was totally outclassed by Hayden and shelvey. Yedlin looks a decent buy for them and I reckon if they brought mitrovic on 20 minutes earlier they could have won the game as they would have someone to win the ball and slow the game down a bit. Poor game by amavi
Also they kept getting in behind baker and there was one moment which really stuck out, when shelvey had as long as he wanted on the ball and just played a long pass straight to Ritchie. We need to close down more
It obvious not to play three at the back unless you play 3 in central midfield.

It's not exactly hard to see this!

We must play 3 central midfielders every game the two get bypassed

Posted from TSR Mobile
was thinking of going tonight as I'm in Sheffield but wasn't sure if you could get tickets in the villa end on the door, you probably could have tbh. AVFC live from the stands are gonna be live streaming it if anyones interested
Original post by neal95
was thinking of going tonight as I'm in Sheffield but wasn't sure if you could get tickets in the villa end on the door, you probably could have tbh. AVFC live from the stands are gonna be live streaming it if anyones interested

You can, the club tweeted it.

Stream as in able to watch it?
Original post by Wilfred Little
You can, the club tweeted it.

Stream as in able to watch it?

Damn it, and yeah a fan is gonna do it via their phone. I probs would have struggled getting home from Barnsley anyway well that's my justification anyway lol. You just need to click join group and hopefully the admin will confirm before the kick off

Quick Reply

Latest