The Student Room Group

What A-levels should I do?

Hi,
I'm doing my GCSEs this year and soon have to choose my A-levels. I would like to pursue a career in the civil/diplomatic service or law. I have narrowed my choices down to five A-levels, of which I'll do four, those being Greek, Latin, English lit, History and Biology. With the intention of doing either Law or Classics at university. My question is of which of these would be the best for what I want to do? The logic behind choosing Biology would be that it is a science and shows I can do more than just the arts. I am equally as good at all of the subjects so there is no leaning either way on that front. Thank you very much for any responses, sorry for the formal tone it's my first time posting. :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Dave_77
Hi,
I'm doing my GCSEs this year and soon have to choose my A-levels. I would like to pursue a career in the civil/diplomatic service or law. I have narrowed my choices down to five A-levels, of which I'll do four, those being Greek, Latin, English lit, History and Biology. With the intention of doing either Law or Classics at university. My question is of which of these would be the best for what I want to do? The logic behind choosing Biology would be that it is a science and shows I can do more than just the arts. I am equally as good at all of the subjects so there is no leaning either way on that front. Thank you very much for any responses, sorry for the formal tone it's my first time posting. :smile:

Well honestly going into law especially there aren't any specific a levels that are required, however I would definitely do both english lit and history as they are highly respected by unis. Personally I would then choose one from Greek and Latin as they are kind of a similar style (correct me if i am wrong) and then do Biology too, as you're right its a little bit different and will therefore offer relief from the tons of essays you will have for the rest of your subjects (no joke just started english lit a level and I have had nearly 7 essays already like whatttt)
Reply 2
Thanks, that has absolutely confirmed what I was thinking about law. Now all I need to do is decide between Classics and Law!
Original post by Tea2345
Well honestly going into law especially there aren't any specific a levels that are required, however I would definitely do both english lit and history as they are highly respected by unis. Personally I would then choose one from Greek and Latin as they are kind of a similar style (correct me if i am wrong) and then do Biology too, as you're right its a little bit different and will therefore offer relief from the tons of essays you will have for the rest of your subjects (no joke just started english lit a level and I have had nearly 7 essays already like whatttt)

I agree

Quick Reply

Latest