The Student Room Group

Last minute exam study!

Hahaha how does one last minute study and do it efficiently ? Kinda desperate right now
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tenzinlhazey
Hello Everyone! I have exams in 9 days and I've been procrastinating all year ! Please give me any tips or advice for me...i am so desperate!!! Thank you!! btw i take AS level math biology chemistry physics and english literature.

I guess all you can do is buckle down and try and rid yourself of all distractions.
Reply 2
If you haven't already, go through and read all your class notes!

For Maths, i suggest doing LOTS of past papers and really getting the feel of what you will expect from the examiner when you sit your exams. There's nothing more important than practice,practice and practice when it comes with maths! If you've done all the past papers, use your core text book to do the practice questions or ask your teacher/s to give you other resources like card sorts and lesson powerpoints etc...

For the sciences, i do think it's important to know the facts and trends within your subject so i'd stongly advice you to make flash cards i you haven't already. Revise with a friend and ask them to test you (and equally, test them - that way if they didn't understand something that you do, you get the chance to teach them and teaching someone is the best way to learn!). Also, i know with Chem (and a bit in physics aswell), there are quite a few definitions that can be asked in the exam so learn them! Really get them questions in the bag because they shuld be easy ones to get marks for. USE FLASHCARDS!!!

I don't actually do an essay subject but i'd suggest to use a highlighter in the exam for this to pick out key points within the question because it'd make sure you're answering all the bits the examiners are looking for.

I'm doing French alevel, and what i did for that when it came to essay practice was : i wrote out the title of lots of past essay questions all covering a range of topics onto seperate strips of paper, i folded them so i couldn't see the title and i put them in a small box and shook all the pices of paper without looking. Every time i planned to do an essay, i'd pick three essay titles out, choose one that i prefered and put the rest back in. I'd then time for however long the essay was supposed to take and once i'd finished, i stapled the essay question to my finished essay.

Hope this all helps! and the best of luck for your upcoming exams! :smile:
Original post by feng0281
If you haven't already, go through and read all your class notes!

For Maths, i suggest doing LOTS of past papers and really getting the feel of what you will expect from the examiner when you sit your exams. There's nothing more important than practice,practice and practice when it comes with maths! If you've done all the past papers, use your core text book to do the practice questions or ask your teacher/s to give you other resources like card sorts and lesson powerpoints etc...

For the sciences, i do think it's important to know the facts and trends within your subject so i'd stongly advice you to make flash cards i you haven't already. Revise with a friend and ask them to test you (and equally, test them - that way if they didn't understand something that you do, you get the chance to teach them and teaching someone is the best way to learn!). Also, i know with Chem (and a bit in physics aswell), there are quite a few definitions that can be asked in the exam so learn them! Really get them questions in the bag because they shuld be easy ones to get marks for. USE FLASHCARDS!!!

I don't actually do an essay subject but i'd suggest to use a highlighter in the exam for this to pick out key points within the question because it'd make sure you're answering all the bits the examiners are looking for.

I'm doing French alevel, and what i did for that when it came to essay practice was : i wrote out the title of lots of past essay questions all covering a range of topics onto seperate strips of paper, i folded them so i couldn't see the title and i put them in a small box and shook all the pices of paper without looking. Every time i planned to do an essay, i'd pick three essay titles out, choose one that i prefered and put the rest back in. I'd then time for however long the essay was supposed to take and once i'd finished, i stapled the essay question to my finished essay.

Hope this all helps! and the best of luck for your upcoming exams! :smile:

Thank you so much Feng! I really appreviate your tips and will do my best for the exam! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending