The Student Room Group

Have you ever met a famous person?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Longshot002
I wanna meet Kane at least once.

ayye.

i love big show though, but thats only cos i feel sorry for him. ther was this christmas episode where he gave out presents but he looked like those sad puppies on rspca adverts :rofl::rofl:
Original post by sfaraj
ayye.

i love big show though, but thats only cos i feel sorry for him. ther was this christmas episode where he gave out presents but he looked like those sad puppies on rspca adverts :rofl::rofl:

Big Shows good, he doesn't get near the love as he should get. God knows how long he's been in it. Sad thing is his final match may be against Shaquil O Neil, not the greatest way to go, about 15 years ending with a basketball player. :/
Original post by lowza
I've met Benedict Cumberbatch twice which was fun - I met Jeremy Jordan (Broadway actor) who to me is incredibly famous but to anyone else he's not haha.

I'm friends with Andrew from Bake Off haha - but don't know if he counts as famous yet!

Yessss Andrew <3
I am one.
Nobody you'd consider MASSIVE I guess but :

-David Batty used to live a couple of houses down from me when I was a kid*

*-Spencer Wilding (Darth Vader in the new Rogue One, as well as actor from lots of other things) I know pretty well, although I'm fairly sure he doesn't ever remember my name given that he refers to me as "Wolf Lady" when he sees me lol*

-Phill Martin (Minor actor in Prometheus, Pan, and other films) I'm friends with

-Martin Ballantyne (He played one of Heath Ledger's henchmen in Dark Knight, as well as being a minor actor in lots of other things) I'm friends with

-Pam Rose (minor actor from Star wars and other things) I'm friends with

-Michael Henbury (Gringots Goblin from Harry Potter, minor actor in Willow, and lots of other things) I'm friends with. (He's also Britain's shortest man)
-I've met Chris Barrie (Red Dwarf) a couple of times

-I've met Andrew Lee Potts (Primeval) a couple of times

and so it goes on and on... ack there are lots of other minor actors that I either know well or I've at least met and spoken to. I'll just list them, you can look them up if you want.

Dave Prowse
Hetty Hayrdige*
Michael Stuart*
Josephine Gillan*
Christopher Rithin
Paul Redfern*
Ross Mullen
Brian Wheeler
Virginia Hey
Josef Altin
Jon Campling

I've SEEN quite a lot of others like Colin Baker, Sylvester McCoy, Sarah Louise Madison, John Chalis, Nathalie Cox and so on and so forth but I've never spoken to them. Not yet anyway.
Part and parcel of my life to be honest. No doubt I'll meet many more over the years. They're just people.
I went to a Salford City match a couple months ago against Man Utd reserves and met Giggs Scholes Neville and Butt as well as some emerging United talent e.g. Borthwick-Jackson. Got pics and everything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I shook hands and talked with princess Anne, met Harry Hill, as well as Bruce Forsyth and Paula radcliffe (on the same day, god knows how), and most notably I knocked Julian Barratt (the mighty boosh) over when I stupidly believed (despite being on a moving train) that i was too badass to hold onto anything. He was pretty chill about it thank god
Me! Probably not something to brag about though.

16836_277669992505_8318702_n.jpg
I've met John Green, who was really lovely, I've also met the vaccines, Norman Reedus from The Walking Dead, I saw Andrew Lincoln as well but he was walking the other way😣
Original post by katierthompson
I've met John Green, who was really lovely, I've also met the vaccines, Norman Reedus from The Walking Dead, I saw Andrew Lincoln as well but he was walking the other way😣

Woah :eek:
I met The Saturdays when I was in primary school... if anyone remembers them:rofl3:
I remember going on about it for weeks!
Original post by Wingsly
I shook hands and talked with princess Anne, met Harry Hill, as well as Bruce Forsyth and Paula radcliffe (on the same day, god knows how), and most notably I knocked Julian Barratt (the mighty boosh) over when I stupidly believed (despite being on a moving train) that i was too badass to hold onto anything. He was pretty chill about it thank god
If you bend your knees slightly, your centre of gravity's a lot lower and you're more stable. I do this on buses regularly.
Original post by Tootles
If you bend your knees slightly, your centre of gravity's a lot lower and you're more stable. I do this on buses regularly.

yeah after that i kinda figured that out, it happened when i was like 14

Quick Reply

Latest