The Student Room Group

Are you more honest about your personality online or in real life?

I myself would say that real life and online bring out different parts of my personality..

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am very closed about my true self face-to-face and online. Online I'm somebody completely different though (not in a catfish way, you know what I mean).

I have numerous social masks :tongue:
Original post by TheOtherSide.
I myself would say that real life and online bring out different parts of my personality..

How I act online is how I act in real life. Btw, do you like jigsaw puzzles? I do. I used to eat them when I was little.
I'm pretty similar in both. I can talk better irl, though. I actually find it easier to talk to someone I've never texted irl than if I already have texted them.
In real life people actually know im crazy weird.
People online asume i crazy weird from the memes or gif i post.

Both the same I guess.
Original post by I'mJustSomeGuy
How I act online is how I act in real life. Btw, do you like jigsaw puzzles? I do. I used to eat them when I was little.

Some guy would definitely not be as random as you are. :lol:

Did they taste like peas?
What personality?
Original post by BasicMistake
What personality?

The kind of personality that someone who doesn't think they have a personality has?
Some guy would definitely not be as random as you are. :lol:

Did they taste like peas?

Not really. they tasted like cardboard. I tried adding salt too. Did't make much of a difference :/
Um, I tend to find it easier to say rly deep and personal things about myself online (the dangers of the internet...), but don't tend to disclose details, just to keep anonymous. However, irl, the ppl actually know me, so I might say deep things like that to a trusted friend etc., but not to the general public :tongue:
online.
Yh, plus no one can understand me anyway, irl haha
no idea, would require assessment from third parties tbh :3
Original post by Treblebee
Yh, plus no one can understand me anyway, irl haha

I can actually completely relate to these two. :laugh: It feels like online, it's easier to get my points across, whereas in real life, I basically can't. :emo:
Online :hide: I am an open book whereas in real life.. I am not so much.
I'm less political offline I can articulate myself better, especially when you can pull off a source in two minutes
I'm WAY more honest (with how I'm feeling) online though. I'm probably about as honest to others offline and online
Offline, I often bottle up feelings. Online, I can express them more, (But not say...on Facebook)
Offline, I find myself wearing a mask every day...Offline, I'm never ever seen to be unhappy, or I try really hard to not let that ever show.

I talk a lot either way both online and offline :smile:
(edited 7 years ago)
My humour is a bit less inhibited online, some things are just too much to joke about in a social setting. I'm also a bit more open about personal issues online as I've got a bit of anonymity and I don't really show my emotions or open up emotionally to people much IRL. I'm also actually LESS argumentative online than I am IRL - IRL I can just say what I want to say and I'm notoriously stubborn and won't back down if I think I'm right, whereas online I sometimes start typing things out and think "You know what, this conversation isn't entertaining me enough to write out a detailed reply" and stop replying :lol:
In real life, I feel I'm more funny and less serious; I think I'm kind of seen as someone who's always happy, someone who maybe can't understand certain things like mental illnesses. I often hide my feelings in real life.

Online, I'm a lot more serious - I like writing about the things that have been troubling me, I reveal my (negative) feelings more perhaps. I think I'm more well-spoken online than in real life
Original post by I'mJustSomeGuy
Not really. they tasted like cardboard. I tried adding salt too. Did't make much of a difference :/

Oh :erm:

I was hoping they'd taste like the peas(es) that they were made up of..

Quick Reply

Latest