The Student Room Group

personal views vs reality

So,I’m a young female (just started university) and I’ve been thinking about my lifestyle and prioritises bcz of the transition from a teen to a grown up. I’ve always been a laid back, observant and small circle person but I have opened up to a lot of people whom I connected with. However, due to some people who turned out stressful I’ve definitely become even more private inrl and online coz it’s not easy to trust sm1 until they’ve really come close to your everyday life, family etc. Also I think trust happens over a long period of time when you feel comfortable and secure with a person. Now it’s obvious to say I’ve never dated, only tried speaking to boys near my age but I dodged them after one disappointment or “red flag” bcz I cannot take the chance to waste my time over proving or showing off attraction coz some men are just impatient or even better, honest and obvious abt what they want which idm as it saves us both time. I have to admit I’ve cut such ppl off without notice and supposedly hurt their ego but it’s not a big deal as they hardly knew me so why bother? It wouldn’t be easy to do that if it was in-real life, but discussing feelings f2f can be done much more effective if done early.
Tbh it’d be nice to meet and get to know someone who genuinely finds interest in me? and has intentions that are pure and can grow to affection because everyone craves affection in some ways be it for company or hormones, but mutual respect for each other really holds it for long term. I’ve seen couples who love each other for not just their looks or status, rather their approach to life, people they love around them and certain hobbies bcz that all together is what completes your life no? I know I’ve stretched this paragraph long enough and I truly have done it to release my thoughts.. so that’s that😃😌
i genuinely agree with you.. like meeting someone and getting togethr with them because of their looks or body is such a poopy butt move...
you made the good choice to leave those boys. keep being the mature you 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending