The Student Room Group

Am I able to apply for 2 course at the same uni?

I really would like to go to Cardiff university, as out of all the open days I've been to, it seemed best suited to me. I want to study journalism, and Cardiff has several journalism courses. Ideally I'd like to study Journalism, Media and English Literature which asks for AAB. However I'm not sure that I can meet that, so I'd also like to apply for Journalism and Communications which asks for ABB...am I allowed to do this?

Reply 1
Yes you are, make sure your personal statement is good for both subjects, but cause you're doing journalism, it should really matter. It's not like applying for medicine and engineering..
Reply 2
Original post by asinghj
Yes you are, make sure your personal statement is good for both subjects, but cause you're doing journalism, it should really matter. It's not like applying for medicine and engineering..

Thank you!!:biggrin:
Original post by Cari98
I really would like to go to Cardiff university, as out of all the open days I've been to, it seemed best suited to me. I want to study journalism, and Cardiff has several journalism courses. Ideally I'd like to study Journalism, Media and English Literature which asks for AAB. However I'm not sure that I can meet that, so I'd also like to apply for Journalism and Communications which asks for ABB...am I allowed to do this?

Yes, I applied and was successful to two courses at the same university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Cari98

Of course! I applied for 2 courses at Cardiff myself - Politics & Sociology and Social Analytics & Politics.

Best of luck :smile:
Original post by Cari98

While you *can* do this and universities don't mind it can often be a waste of a space.

For very similar subjects that are part of the same department universities will usually consider you for alternate courses if either they don't think you're suited when you first apply or later on if you miss the high offer grades for your favourite course.

Quick Reply

Latest